• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Has anyone added leg loops and back strap to sitdrag?

hickstick

Just wondering if anyone has added leg loops and a fixed back strap/support to a site drag to make it more 'Evo' looking?

I added a fixed adjustable back strap last night to my sitdrag and I have the webbing to sew on leg loops and padding for the seat and back for comfort and insulation.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

@flinginairos added leg straps. There are a few pictures of the modification on here somewhere. He'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he quit using the leg loops and didn't feel like they were necessary.

@flinginairos added leg straps. There are a few pictures of the modification on here somewhere. He'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he quit using the leg loops and didn't feel like they were necessary.

Yep. Had them on and took them off lol. Just didn't feel like they would do much in the event of a fall. I love the simplicity of my setup now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @g2outdoors ...I found @flinginairos pics of the mod he did for a @suicyderider. I haven't decided if I'm a 'leaner' or a 'sitter' yet, lol...I was just thinking that in the case where I fell asleep up in the tree I wouldn't want to slide right out of the SD. I'd love to be able to afford a guidos for those 'accidental midday naps' in the tree....but the price is a little too rich for me. guess I'll just bring a second thermos of coffee....lol

speaking of a second thermos....boy, does it suck trying to 'relieve oneself' while wearing a RC harness with a figure8 tied through the rope locators. lol

if you wear a RC harness with the sitdrag though you can loosely hook the harness to a prussic lower on your tether.

The diysportsman guy on youtube has a vid showing this. Looks narcoleptic proof

Add a belt to the sitdrag. I don't think it's possible to "slide out" of it. Even if I fell asleep and flipped over backwards, I believe the SD would stay around my waist.

Add a belt to the sitdrag. I don't think it's possible to "slide out" of it. Even if I fell asleep and flipped over backwards, I believe the SD would stay around my waist.

Agreed. With a belt on mine, it would catch me by the armpits before it ever let me fall out. I doubt it would ever slip that far though. In a fall, it pinches your hips pretty good. The more force applied, the tighter it squeezes you.

Agreed. With a belt on mine, it would catch me by the armpits before it ever let me fall out. I doubt it would ever slip that far though. In a fall, it pinches your hips pretty good. The more force applied, the tighter it squeezes you.

X2

I hung upside down from mine at ground level just to see what happened. I certainly wouldn't want to do it at 25' but it did hold me and I didn't even come close to falling out.

Are you guys still using an rc harness with your sit drag? Or are you talking SD with a belt mod only?

Are you guys still using an rc harness with your sit drag? Or are you talking SD with a belt mod only?

I don't recommend it for anyone else, but I am using just the SitDrag with a 2" belt mod and cobra buckle. I understand that it assumes a good bit of risk, but the belt's primary function is keeping the SitDrag around my hips/butt so that IT can function to catch my fall.

Just the SD. I know some frown upon that and that's ok. I may add a RC harness next year if I can find one I like. The one I have now is a pain to put on.

Don't listen to these guys, they're crazy for not using a harness with leg straps! 30 ft up is no place to assume risks. Just put a rock climbing harness on. If you can't convince your wife or most of the people on this forum that you're safe with what you have, you probably shouldn't use it :)

Done preaching, have fun!

IDK. I haven't tried it yet but I feel like the sit drag mod is for the most part safe. The anchor point, bridge, is really all I would be worried about. The rest of it I view it as a riggers belt. Good enough to hang onto a helo attached by a monkey tail.Total width those two are like 3 inches of fabric. Im not worried about taking a free fall for a few feet and snatching on gear. Only way that happens is if tether fails which at that point you're SOL.
Anchor points, knowing gear limitations and knots keep all people who hang their life on a line safe.

Nobody can fall asleep in a sit-drag, it's not a Cadillac like the fancy harnesses. :D

Back