• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Have you noticed...?

Now when I'm walking through the aisles at sporting goods, and the hardware stores etc.... I'm always on the lookout for new and shiny products that may be incorporated into saddle hunting uses...?
Thought it was maybe just me...
X2 even in hardware stores, walmart and everywhere in between.
I've also noticed that I don't even look at metal type stands anymore.....

I've almost lost interest in going to the "regular" hunting stores anymore.

Same here. I had almost $200 worth of gift cards for Cabela’s and I walked the whole store twice and never found one thing I wanted lol. I’m at the point where the things I need are very specific and gadgets don’t catch my eye like they use to lol. I ended up using the cards for a spotting scope when a sale came up online. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I had almost $200 worth of gift cards for Cabela’s and I walked the whole store twice and never found one thing I wanted lol. I’m at the point where the things I need are very specific and gadgets don’t catch my eye like they use to lol. I ended up using the cards for a spotting scope when a sale came up online. Haha

Boots or game processing supplies is about all they are good for nowadays.

Sometimes I'll stop at menards over lunch and just browse the hardware section. Is that weird?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not at all! I'm always looking for inspiration as I walk around the hardware store!

Saddle hunting has turned me to always have an eye out for things I can use to DIY now. Before I was honestly a buy the premade ready to use item type of guy. Now that I have been bitten by the DIY bug I have learned that I really enjoy it, get a product that is more conducive to my use and often times a lot cheaper.

I seldom shop for anything but clothes and groceries - the rest is on-line. I cannot remember the last time I bought anything hunt related from a retail store. Amazon probably gets 75% of my on-line dollars anymore.

I seldom shop for anything but clothes and groceries - the rest is on-line. I cannot remember the last time I bought anything hunt related from a retail store. Amazon probably gets 75% of my on-line dollars anymore.

X2

Back