• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hbs mods

kenn1320

Been wanting to modify my hbs to use it with my saddle. I used it without the mods and it worked, but I knew it could be better. First mod was to eliminate the feet as I found myself stepping on the material of the other foot. My wife's aunt was visiting us and offered her sewing skills.

Then I wanted slits so I could wear the saddle on the inside. She suggested zippers and I think that's a great choice. Since the suit is heavy, I knew it would be best to have the zippers zip "up" so the suits weight would not rest on the zipper and open it over time. We bought some hot pads like you would put under a hot pan on your table. We were going to sew them on the inside to shield the back side of the zippers to keep the cold out, but I coukdnt get it to work how I wanted. I decided I would handle it on my own. I will get some socks with the elastic calf area and cut them down and on an angle and sew one on each side over the zipper. Ill reach in the sock and feed the bridge through and zip it up tight. Hopefully this will eliminate most of the drafts. Here you can see the 2 zippers.

I also have 1" webbing and a clasp that ill sew to each leg so I can synch the leg openings tight to my boots to eliminate updrafts.

Added straps to eliminate drafts around my boots.

20161208_185708_zpsykyx6jxn.jpg

And sewed the back pack straps on the inside. Just turn the one shoulder inside out and place the straps face down. Roll it up starting at the feet and your done. No lost straps, or stuffing them in your pockets.

Did you have to order a larger c size to go over your saddle with dump pouches, and how hard is it to get your arms out with the bridge etc in the way? Can you get some pics showing you hanging?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ill get some hanging at ground height. As for size, I dont use dump pouches, its a minimalist saddle.:D
I haven't had a deer to shoot at, so can't comment much on coming out with bridge under stress situation. When Im done hunting, no problem.

Nice, I thought I was not going to be able to use my HBS, Thanks.

Back