• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Northeast Oklahoma

red2delta

Quick edit to my first post, got rushed.

I am from Northeast Oklahoma (Tulsa County). I mainly bow-hunt for deer and tree stands have always been a problem for me. I am a disabled veteran and having to sit on my butt in a tree stand really wears on my back ( which is where I am partly disabled ). Since owning a saddle, I have had no problems with my back; even on long day sits. Just a tidbit for those out there wondering about comfort of saddles. With the right adjustments, I can fall asleep in it.

I purchased my first saddle last deer season ( October 2016 ) and have loved the style and plan to stick with it. I currently use the complete NewTribe AeroHunter Evolution. My climbing methods are using screw in pegs and climbing sticks. However, I am exploring other options such as the Stepp Ladder system ( money permitting ). I mainly hunt public ODWC and COE land ( preferring the archery only areas) so my tactics must stay light and saddles are perfect for this type of hunting.

I still have a lot to learn as far as the trick and trades of the saddle hunting style. I joined this site because I have found a lot of helpful information on it and am hoping to help contribute my experiences/opinions/ and ideas as well.This will be my second season to hunt from my saddle.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site and the information contained within. Jump in

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Welcome! I'm not an Okie (Texan)but hunt in Coal County. This will be my first year using the tree saddle. I'm about to order a Areo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! I'm not an Okie (Texan)but hunt in Coal County. This will be my first year using the tree saddle. I'm about to order a Areo.

The Aero Hunter Evolution is a sweet setup and is worth every penny for the complete package. You are going to love using a saddle versus bulky tree stands. I am unsure of where Coal County is so I will map that out. Thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you.

The Aero Hunter Evolution is a sweet setup and is worth every penny for the complete package. You are going to love using a saddle versus bulky tree stands. I am unsure of where Coal County is so I will map that out. Thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you.

Southwest of McAlester. We have a lot of oak trees. Very excited to use the system

Southwest of McAlester. We have a lot of oak trees. Very excited to use the system

Okay cool. I have a friend who puts in for the draw out at McAlester each year. I don't have any primitive bows so I don't put in for it.
Do you?

Yep - Oak trees. We're right in what is called the Cross Timber Eco-region. Primarily Post Oaks and BlackJacks and red cedars.
In most areas around here it's hard to get much higher than 20'. That's why the saddle really helps because these nasty little trees become huntable.

Cool,
I lived in Edmond for 5 years. I hunt at Arcadia Lake once every season.
I hunted the Arcadia management once. I liked the area and the way you get your own zone. Had to postpone my hunt from Oct to Dec and by then the buck quota had been met. Of course I had a nice 8 pt walk by the first morning. All I could do was video him.

I hunted the Arcadia management once. I liked the area and the way you get your own zone. Had to postpone my hunt from Oct to Dec and by then the buck quota had been met. Of course I had a nice 8 pt walk by the first morning. All I could do was video him.
Sounds like my kind of luck...

Last year was my first year to hunt it. Shot a nice 8 point and never found it. I am led to believe my arrow was deflected by a small unseen branch in the early morning. He was a dandy. Short blood trail and with the thickness of brush and rough terrain in early October I was unable to find him. I am still uneasy about it. Better luck and shooting this year

Back