• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help! Scent lok headcover issues

Johnboy80

From what I've researched I'm not the only one with this problem. But has anyone here had problems with the Scentlok ultimate headcover being too big for their head? Wondering if the youth would fit me being I have a peanut head, Lol. Anyone got a suggestion?

I have an older one that is too big as well and I stitched a seam down the back to tighten it. I just got a Savannah lightweight and it fits MUCH better. Where I'm hunting the lightweight will get me pretty far into the season and after that I just throw a beanie under the bigger one which snugs it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also started throwing the bigger one I have over my entire scentlok ball cap. It does fit better this way.

The older-style head covers had elastic drawstrings you could use to tighten the mask around for better fit around your forehead and cheek area.

Some of the newer ones don't have the drawstring. They do have a little looser fit to them. You could try a baseball hat/stocking cap/beanie over them to help keep it in place, or layer it over top of that too.

One thing I do, since I like to hear when i'm in the woods, is pull the eyehole opening back over my ears. This kind of keeps the whole thing taught to my face a little better. Looks goofy as hell... but that's the least of my worries when i'm out hunting.

I think the activated carbon fabric prevents them from using really stretchy fabric for the facemasks.

One thing I do, since I like to hear when i'm in the woods, is pull the eyehole opening back over my ears. This kind of keeps the whole thing taught to my face a little better. Looks goofy as hell... but that's the least of my worries when i'm out hunting.

Been there, done that for sure!

I have one of the basic head covers and I do use that over a hat but the ultimate head cover has the built in cap with the short bill. I may just use it over a beanie

I sewed some shock cord on each side of mine and use a cord lock in the back to keep it tight on my face. The way it was made it would not even stay up to cover my face.

I sewed some shock cord on each side of mine and use a cord lock in the back to keep it tight on my face. The way it was made it would not even stay up to cover my face.
I think I'll end up doing exactly that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back