• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hey guys,

BONEHEADoutdoors

I'm a hunter from Oklahoma (hunt Missouri as well) who self films. I've always been interested in saddle hunting, but gave up on getting one a few years ago because saddles were hard to come by. Recently found this sight, I'm impressed with all the information that I have found so far.
Do any of you guys self film from a SD (or any saddle)? Just wondering if hunting and videoing from a saddle is harder or bigger hassle than it's worth.
I'm always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site!!! I self film from a saddle and find it alot easier. It should be even better if you film someone else! I have seen many shows where the camera guy is in a bad position and can't get the shot. With a saddle you have an infinite amount of maneuverability around the tree which in turn should give you more angles to get that shot on film.

Welcome to the site! Just starting to self film this year, but there are a few guys on here with more experience. @flinginairos always has some great footage. See if you can find his videos.

Welcome! I film all my hunts from the saddle. I find it easier than filming from a stand myself. I set the base just above knee height on my right and can film anywhere I need to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then there are guys like huck72412. He rarely gets good footage because he makes too much noise going thru his backpack to find a VCR tape to put in his camera. But that's gonna change this year.

VCR haha was watching a 90s movie with the kids and there was a scene with a woman wearing a pair of headphones connected to a portable cd player they had no clue what that thing was

Back