• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HHA One Pin sight

rnomad

I recently switched from the armortech HD five pin to a HHA optimizer one pin and I think I'm in love. Tried the G5 one fixed pin and one floating pin but every time I would shoot it would drop its self. (returned) The G5 also made a loud twang. Also tried two trophy ridge one pins and both just weren't what I was looking for. This HHA sight gets so bright during the day it has a cover to slide over the fiber to dim it cause it will keep you from getting a shot. The pin is lit well brfore shooting light and well after with no light. Has anyone used it ? Any thoughts on it?

Attachments

• 108808A.jpg
    108808A.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 840
I have one and I absolutely love it.

I first started shooting with a cheapo true glo multi pin sight. I was not very confident shooting out to 30 yards with that site because the pins obscured so much of my view. I tried the G5 multi pin site last year at the pro shop but I also do not like that.

A good friend of mine showed me his HHA sight and I was in love.

I have to say it made a huge difference in my accuracy. My groups got tighter and I felt much more confident shooting and distances up to 60 yards. I did not buy the model with the adjustable Rheostat but to remedy that I have simply taken a wide black rubber band and put it over my site housing.

I have found that I only need to remove the rubber band in low light conditions at dusk.

If anyone is on the market for a single pin adjustable site this is the site to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear glasses and I was good out to50 yards. The armor tech hd is a really good sight but when I shot 50 it was sketchie. One day at Fishermans warehouse (my local archery shop) I stumbled across the HHA and got one on the spot. My buddy goes what if your range finder dies. I replyed to him ( using a three pin) where's your rangefinder at?

On a off note I've got three people wanting to look at puppy's might be getting that Areo sooner than I thought.

I have the Black Gold Ascent single pin and love it as well. Couldn't imagine going back to multiple pins.

Yeah i got a blackgold ascend i pin. The sight tapes are deadly accurate. I love slider sights.

I use the HHA optimer lite sight with a 4x lens and light, mine work awesome. One of my practice routines is to set up in a tree in the backyard and play "cricket" on my target. My eyes arent as good as they were in my twenties andearly thirties so I had a hard time seeing the small spaces and even the numbers on the target before I got this sight. Now, I can easily set up in my tree and play cricket or nine ball or whatever from 20ft + in a tree at between 30 - 40 yards. The sight and the lens may have kept me bowhunting after 25 years and now I csn actually see what I'm shooting at...mostly

Mine is similar. I would never switch back. And my sight goes with me on new bows.

Attachments

• sights-ascentambush-45.png
    sights-ascentambush-45.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 664
Love my HHA, replaced my pin Spot Hogg with it 2 months ago.
My only concern is Rut, what happens when dear are moving like crazy and I'm trying to get a shot off.
I've been practicing setting the HHA at 25 yds and then making 15-20 yard shots and 30-40 yard shots without moving the pin just incase.

Best....Sight....Ever! Not a single regret. Works great on a faster bow where multiple pins get cluttered.

I have one it's works great as a backup to my trophy ridge pendulum. The pendulum is also a single pin sight and can be locked and shot as a movable sight.

I have one as well it is a great sight. The pin is bright and the construction is top notch. The only thing I can say is a couple times I was practicing long distance shots 60 or 80 yards and came back to 20 and sailed the arrow over the target! :blush::smiley: Pilot error on my part but it always pays to check it before you shoot! I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a quality one pin sight.

Roger,

I had the HHA kingpin dovetail model. The brightest sight I ever owned and accurate. Due to weight I switch to an Axcel Accutouch carbon pro sight. Still a single pin, crazy adjustment. With a little more fiber it would be a little brighter but I have never shot better. My pin diameter is .10

I was going to mention the weight. I had one and found it heavy. I also sailed a couple arrows because I did not set it back to short range. For those reasons it went away. No time to worry about field adjustments, shots can happen in seconds.

HHA all the way. I've had mine on my bow since 2013. & also one on my xbow with a regular scope.

I feel what joshryther said is a must. The single pin screwed me on my biggest deer ever because I never thought to practice when you pull back on a deer at 40 and he runs into 20 what to do. I would love to use a single pin if I hunted field edges all the time but if your slipping tight to cover and your rather aggressive you may be like me and would rather pull back and decide what pin to use instead. I did buy the hha and it’s sitting on a shelf but the quality is great!!!

I recently switched from the armortech HD five pin to a HHA optimizer one pin and I think I'm in love. Tried the G5 one fixed pin and one floating pin but every time I would shoot it would drop its self. (returned) The G5 also made a loud twang. Also tried two trophy ridge one pins and both just weren't what I was looking for. This HHA sight gets so bright during the day it has a cover to slide over the fiber to dim it cause it will keep you from getting a shot. The pin is lit well brfore shooting light and well after with no light. Has anyone used it ? Any thoughts on it?
Love mine to death! Have had mine for 4 years and won’t change any time soon

I feel what joshryther said is a must. The single pin screwed me on my biggest deer ever because I never thought to practice when you pull back on a deer at 40 and he runs into 20 what to do. I would love to use a single pin if I hunted field edges all the time but if your slipping tight to cover and your rather aggressive you may be like me and would rather pull back and decide what pin to use instead. I did buy the hha and it’s sitting on a shelf but the quality is great!!!
Not sure if I’ll go with the HHA but out of curiosity, any interest in parting with yours since you don’t use it?

Back