• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hi from Tallahassee, Florida

Walter Lee

What is going on y'all? I am moving away from a Lone Wolf and moving to the Saddle just due to the freakin' heat around here. I need to shed some work! I am looking forward to learning from all of y'all. Feel free to send any information that will help with the learning curve.

Thanks & Happy Hunting,
Walt

Welcome I’m from N Ft Myers and hunt Joe Bud when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is a good WMA. I am new to public land hunting so I didn't get any good draws this year. Hopefully that changes. They have a new large WMA they just opened on the south side of Leon too you could check out. I plan too during turkey season.

That is a good WMA. I am new to public land hunting so I didn't get any good draws this year. Hopefully that changes. They have a new large WMA they just opened on the south side of Leon too you could check out. I plan too during turkey season.

Thanks what’s it called I’ll check it out. Also at Joe Bud they have a lottery every hunt you show up on Thursday at 2:00 PM throw your name in a hat and they pull names I’ve never not gotten picked for the hunt.

Last edited:
Thanks what’s it called I’ll check it out. Also at Joe Bud they have a lottery every hunt you show up on Thursday at 2:00 PM throw your name in a hat and they pull names I’ve never not gotten picked for the hunt.

Plank Road WMA

8,000 acres!

Cool thanks I’ll check it out. I’m not much threat im 62 and work 2 months on and 1 off. Check out Joe Bud Archery you can’t miss getting picked muzzleloader not sure never hunted but more locals show up for it. Lot of deer there.

Plank Road WMA

8,000 acres!

I hunted Aucilla and was in Flint rock for 2 years. Flint rock is 15000 and I think it’s 200 a year. It runs all the way to St Marks. The little bit I read on Plank Road it’s only small game no turkeys or deer. If your looking for a good place cheap Flint rock is it. No dogs.

Welcome to the forum. I hunt with a bunch of boys out of Tallahasse in S.W. Georgia.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined! Dig around and you'll find everything you need.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I hunted Aucilla and was in Flint rock for 2 years. Flint rock is 15000 and I think it’s 200 a year. It runs all the way to St Marks. The little bit I read on Plank Road it’s only small game no turkeys or deer. If your looking for a good place cheap Flint rock is it. No dogs.

I will look into Flint rock for sure. That is a lot of land for not a lot of money! Couldn't care less about trophy quality since it's on the coast. I am hunting for MEAT! ;) Especially once gun season opens on Talquin and Apalachicola. Plank road only has regs for small game at the time because they haven't written them yet, so I was told. Stay tuned for more regs bud!

Back