• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How I smoke

Autumnrider

I place all my stuff on the trailer (mesh floor). Then i cover the stuff with plastic. Now i light up the leaves that are crammed inside the charcoal thingy ( cram in leaves as tight as you can, causes major smoke and the closer to the top, loose so the fire will start). Place thingy under trailer and let smoke. Watch for flare up and dont melt your wires. Finally ill place clothes in container and my web and boots along with the plastic in a larger tub.
When i reach my hunting camp, i fire up thingy again so i can rub my boot bottoms in the ash to cover my scent.
Dont need anything fancy to smoke.
4fea9d61b1c1add9255192b30fc2f993.jpg
194315c84072e72876cf4122b0719193.jpg
516c494f1efacf945e85a16d9d99c08d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well, why not. I’ve got an old shed that needs to be torn down, and a couple of hours to kill around lunchtime. Let’s see if I can get the neighbors to call 911!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hung my cloths up by my homemade pot belly stove at the camp and left the door open for some smoke. Hung my cloths near it. Next evening hunt I Had a doe 15 yards eating acorns. She never bothered with my scent. Milk weed was floating right where she was within a minute after I shot her. Either smoking works or the wind changed that second. Had a spike on the other side of me that came in from a different direction. One of them should have spooked at some point. I’m becoming more and more of a believer.

Last edited:
e9b5dc665d6dabe0184615c8f8aae7d7.jpg

Here’s my patent pending charcoal chimney full of maple and oak leaves technique with the breakthrough scoop shovel damper causing more smoky smokiness. TM, all rights reserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back