• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How long of wait for New Kestrel?

Acts117

Hey all. I have been doing a lot of research to try and figure out what the right saddle is for me to jump into this style of hunting and the overall response is the kestrel. A big issue for me though is that the website says it can be up to six weeks before they even ship your product! How long are people actually waiting before they receive their kestrel in the mail from the time they place their order? If it is actually six weeks before they shipped my order that is a dealbreaker for me as I am busy pre-season I need to be out there prepping stands and getting used to shooting out of the saddle immediately. What are y’all‘s experience in that timeframe of receiving your new kestrel? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard.

It takes about 6-8 weeks for each Kestrel to be made. Each Kestrel is handmade.

Too me it was worth the wait.

Good luck

I'm not sure on current timeframe but I bet you could find a used one quicker. I've seen a few pop up the last couple weeks. That might be an option to save some time.

Welcome! A good hand made saddle is worth the wait for me as well. I ordered mine this morning. I figure Ill get it in May. I have more than enough time to practice and get ready for the end of September. Be patient its worth the wait.

Last edited:
Any harness with a lineman’s will get your trees prepped. I’ve only had mine a couple weeks and it won’t take no time for you to get comfortable shooting from it if you have good form and are an archer. Way more stable than a stand. The old saying goes. Anything good is worth the wait.

My delivery time was as promised. I think it was 6 weeks, but well worth the wait.
I think the hardest part of the wait was reading all the threads on here while I was waiting. Couldn't wait to get the sucker.
Just order one and accept the delivery time for what it is. It's worth the wait.
Just don't wait until July and expect that you'll get your act together with it in time for the season. Now is the time to order one.

My delivery time was as promised. I think it was 6 weeks, but well worth the wait.
I think the hardest part of the wait was reading all the threads on here while I was waiting. Couldn't wait to get the sucker.
Just order one and accept the delivery time for what it is. It's worth the wait.
Just don't wait until July and expect that you'll get your act together with it in time for the season. Now is the time to order one.

Ordered it last week! Can’t wait!

Ordered mine about 4 to 5 weeks ago. Got an email saying it would ship today and an email with the tracking number would be sent. 4:18 no email yet 4/27/18

Back