• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How sharp are your broadheads?

boone0

(this isn't about broadheads)

A while back we were discussing the possibility of severing a rope under tension. There was a video that showed one being cut under tension severing very easily. I couldn't find the exact one at the time.. here is another that is different but shows a similar point. The rope in this video was tensioned to about 2x the weight of a climber when we do less, but I think it's still relevant!

The point: especially if you use fixed blade broadheads, be aware of where the tip of your arrow is when at height. You don't need very much cutting force to sever a rope under tension!

Skip to about 7:45

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great topic. It's not an issue after the arrow is nocked, but when you're getting you arrow from quiver to nock is, IMO, one action where there is a high probability of a razor sharp broadhead to come in contact with ropes/webbing under tension. Definitely have to be ultra aware of your surroundings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am always VERY careful of my broadheads around any of my ropes when I am at hunting height. I keep my heads shaving sharp and definitely don't want to touch anything besides a deer with them! :D

Back