• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

how to make stepp ladder??

Luca1

I would like to try to build some stepps as the W.E. ones, but i can't find the specific post about it. if someone know please post the link. Thanks.

Bend some 3/8 square tube and cut a length of 1/4” round stock and weld it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to try and do the same...I got a hold of one right now (HT Pats1512) to get measurements off. From the pictures and videos, I originally thought they were bigger. To my surprise they are not really that big. I will probably make mine a little more beefy due to my size 13 feet. Once I get one welded up I plan to grab my weight set and hang about 350-375lbs from out of one of my trees out back to test it. I'll, for sure post pictures when I get them done though. I'm still a rank amateur at hunting in general but I will dig deep and get my fabricating skills back in no time.

How are y’all bending square tubing? I have a 1/2in Emt conduit bender and made sticks like the ameristep non typical. They were super light and cheap. Would be easy to bend some WE steps and be a lot lighter.

b0c8df66396b9a35c5e842298b4da35e.jpg

Last edited:
You can get material from online metals pretty cheap.
But for under 20$ per stepp with rope and bag. Buying new is hard to beat. The joy of DIY is cool tho
507fe8c42afb66bfdb441b3faa87693f.jpg

I would like to try aluminum tho

It’s going to b hard to beat the weight and size of a WE step. DIY is fun though!

That dude must be divorced and the wife left him the house. No way he is married and put that on those white columns. Or maybe he is divorced now! lol
Hahahahaha......true...but i mean the guy at #99......look at this great job he did.

They are pretty simple steps. With the right tools it’s not hard at all.
excactly......tools and skills....the guy on A.T. gives all the measurements and necessary instructions for the build....so it needs just time and will.

Back