• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Howdy from NOVA

Sheepdog

Howdy y'all,

I recently joined the site and have an Aerohunter Evo saddle on the way. I currently live in Northern Virginia. I have been hunting Quantico Marine Corps Base the last few years, but am looking at getting deeper in to less traveled areas, as well as hunting smaller suburban parcels with more limited access (and less pressured deer). Transitioning to a more mobile saddle setup seemed like a good method to achieve this. I'm still researching what types of platform and climbing methods I will use to suit my application, so I will be lurking around for a while.

This group feels like the Wild Wild West-- a bunch of guys experimenting and pushing the envelope past what everyone else is doing, and that's the kind of crowd I like! I have already learned a lot on the site from everyone else's experimentation and look forward to contributing more as I refine my own setup and get ready for next fall. If there are any other NOVA hunters out there give me a holler.

Cheers!

Welcome. I am also from VA but am in the south west portion of the state. You have some good deer up your way. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site Sheepdog. I use the Aero Hunter Evo and you are going to love it. It is a well made piece of equipment

welcome, just joined also....try getting in on an urban archery section up there, fairfax county parks has some giants hiding, grew up in Annandale but now down near charlottesville.

SheepDog, also in NOVA, just moved here a few months ago, haven't hunted a season here yet, looking to also get into Saddle hunting, will be looking through the forum here to hopefully figure it out

Welcome Sheepdog, you are like myself and a bunch of others on here ... this upcoming season being our first in a saddle! I hope we all drop some meat out of the saddle this season. I too want to get deeper and more mobile and stumbled upon this site. Spent more $$ than I wanted but I can't wait to give it a go! Been climbing and practicing often, seems like an awesome way to spend in the tree. I find it easier to shoot in a saddle than a tree stand, im much more still and locked in. my groups have been much tighter since the switch. Cheers

I'm looking forward to seeing all the new guys on hunting teams this fall. It could be huge

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yea, it should be fun! I am most likely going to bump the minimum post for the hunting contest up to 50 this year just to make sure anyone in there has been around.

Thanks gents. Sorry I am just getting back to you now but I recently moved to a farm and am just getting my head straight- a deadline such as hunting season will focus the mind on what's really important! There appears to be a lot of deer around, so I hope to contribute more as I learn in the saddle. I'm just starting to set up stands and shooting lanes. Here are some picture of what I see at breakfast each morning. They mock me !(at 10-25 yards!)
bd09601d89bc19c066447311bce0f641.jpg
b3fa7974244790a4e7a1dbd7e8f17030.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you NOVA guys are making me regret moving away!!

Thanks,
Boswell

Back