• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HSS Rope?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
When I first got into saddle hunting I already had one of the HSS "Rope Style Tethers." I use it for my saddle tether, and I bought a second one for a lineman's belt. I'm finally getting around to buying 2 Ropeman 1s, and was looking at making several tweaks to my system. I'm toying with the idea of a new tether and belt, but I really have no complaints with the HSS rope. Sure it would be nice to get something lighter and more packable, but this stuff has held up well against abrasion and is paid for.

Any thoughts on how well the HSS rope works with the ropeman, or whether it's worth upgrading? Anybody know any specs on the stuff or who makes it? I don't remember anything on the packaging.

Im looking to use that rope as well - it spliced pretty easily. I hear the predator takes 4 hours of blood sweat and guts to splice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it exclusively!! However, I use the HSS Lifeline in conjunction with the Ropeman 1 backed by Prusik Knot. I leave most of my lines up during the season. When I approach the tree I give it a once over from top down and continually inspect the rope as I climb. (Squirrels). For me the line is also part of my self rescue. I don’t mind carrying the extra length/weight. I save it with everything else and find this to be pretty important to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently spoke with a HSS rep at a trade show about that same rope. He claimed it was 6,000 lb arborist rope similar to the predator rope.

Back