• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HuntStand and OnX apps

swampsnyper

Anyone know how to put in coordinates to make a waypoint. I'm trying to transfer info from another GPS app to huntstand mainly.

For Hunt stand, go to mapping, click the marker icon on top of screen, then select the Lat/Long button and enter the coordinates.

The tricky part might be the format, I have never entered lat/long coordinates in hunt stand but judging from my other points it looks like they have to be in decimal degrees, not in degrees, minutes, seconds.

For Hunt stand, go to mapping, click the marker icon on top of screen, then select the Lat/Long button and enter the coordinates.

The tricky part might be the format, I have never entered lat/long coordinates in hunt stand but judging from my other points it looks like they have to be in decimal degrees, not in degrees, minutes, seconds.

I don't see it. Just the icons for way points

The directions I gave above were for a mobile device. I don't see how to do it on the computer either.

iPhone app

This is what I get when I hit the marker icon
88ee6ffade36e2c6bf8f265249e3445c.jpg

And then when I tap the screen to add the marker, this pops up. I don't see long/lat anywhere unless I'm trying to edit an already existing marker and yet is still can't change those coordinates.

27d77caa77cb3499fb6d83db62db73bf.jpg

Interesting. This is what I get when I tap the marker icon on an Android device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-14-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-15-14-33.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
There's another way I like to do it for a large number of waypoints. 1) import waypoints into Google Earth. 2) Use a split screen on your computer with Google Earth on one side and HuntStand/OnX on the other so you can see both maps. 3) zoom in and click to add waypoints where you see them on Google earth. It works well in broke up areas like marshes. It's more challenging with big woods.

If you're going from one app to the other, you can just open the Huntstand website on half your screen and OnX on the other and do it that way. Thats what I did to transfer all my HuntStand waypoints into OnX.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All my info is on Trimble app and they shut down and don't even show the satellite imagery any more. So that's out.

You can copy coordinates from the other app and paste them in the search box on on x. Takes a little bit of time but works.

Attachments

• E0FF3BC0-03A1-489C-92FC-E28B5994EA2F.png
    E0FF3BC0-03A1-489C-92FC-E28B5994EA2F.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 21
Back