• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

India

kelly.jayp

And so it begins. First beer of a 32 hour trip before I’m at my destination
5c1fb5b622f385691ac0e50e02b65735.jpg

CLT to JFK 2 hours then 5 hour layover - at least there is a lounge to chill in
JFK to Dubai 13 hours
2 hour layover
Dubai to Mumbai 3 hours then crash in a hotel for 6 hours
Mumbai to Pune 1 hour

Wednesday Pune to Hyderabad
Start trip back on 3/21

Pics to follow as it warrants. Flying Emirates in business class so I will do my Jennifer Aniston impression but with some saddle swag - it’s pretty badass having a full blown bar on a flight

This is trip #10 to India so I’m used to it. 30 hours of travel sucks no matter how you do it -

Send your movie recommendations- recent stuff to hit DVD - I have a lot of time to watch

too bad there is no hunting there. I could have been scouting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Enjoy! The only airline I like better than Emirates is Qatar Airways. Are you in the 777 or A380?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice. Enjoy! The only airline I like better than Emirates is Qatar Airways. Are you in the 777 or A380?

380 on both legs going out. 777 and 380 on the way back Emirates is great for sure. Amazing how terrible US airlines are compared to ANY of the other international carriers for international travel

And I always end up in Dubai in the middle of the night so still have not gotten out of the airport to see Burj Kahlifa

Awesome! My travels thus far in life has only been US, Mexico, Honduras, Belize, and Bahamas

380 on both legs going out. 777 and 380 on the way back Emirates is great for sure. Amazing how terrible US airlines are compared to ANY of the other international carriers for international travel

I wouldn't go that far. There are some really bad ones out there. Emirates and Qatar Airways will always shine above others as they receive billions of dollars in subsidies from the respective countries. It really isn't fair to compare them to the other airlines. That being said, the biggest negative of the US carriers are the people running the show. You simply get higher quality service from many of the other international carriers. They are more attentive and do a better job of making your trip relaxing and enjoyable. As a business traveler, this cuts down considerably on jet lag.

Have a safe journey. Enjoy the ride!

Jay I’m right behind you. Got text yesterday boat needs to be in Israel by 18th should get itinerary this week going for two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jay I’m right behind you. Got text yesterday boat needs to be in Israel by 18th should get itinerary this week going for two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And my wife thinks 2 weeks is a long time LOL. I’m an army brat so I keep telling her these India trips are nothing compared to what some have to do. Have fun and get back safe.

2 months is killer. my longest stretches are 4-5 weeks. Avoid them at all costs. My kids change too much even with regular video chat on facetime. Most of the work I do shouldn't take longer than 5 weeks. most is less than 2 weeks.

And I always end up in Dubai in the middle of the night so still have not gotten out of the airport to see Burj Kahlifa

That building is cool, but I have never gone inside of it because it costs roughly $130 to go up in the towers; you can only do so from access from an adjacent hotel. It is less expensive if you reserve a ticket online. I cant see myself ever paying that price to ride an elevator for a long time!
The Dubai Mall is right next to the base of the Burj, a better place to visit if you have the time. Be prepared though because it is like a mile long...

Be safe and have fun until you get home.
d59c72bacfab13a77f3a7f4542491689.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Wait until the 80 story rotating tower is constructed. Its expected to be up by 2020.

Yeah that’s going to be wild. No shortage of stuff to do here. All you need is money and time. In Dubai now

Back