• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Input wanted for the next Aero Hunter model

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
All right guys, its no secret that Aero Hunter will be releasing a new model soon. One feature that every one has been asking for is quick release leg straps, so no more fishing muddy boot through the straps. This will be a feature in the next model, here is the question. Which type of buckle would you rather see?

The first is a 94 gram Klick lock buckle, these are very simple to work but have a little noise to them
http://www.iscwales.com/Products/Bu...lick-lock-Buckle-25mm-Sliding-Tang-Set/14603/

The second, would be a 3 bar slider with a square link. These are similar to what is used on some safety harness as the QR on the legs. Basically the 3 bar section would fit through the square link. These would be lighter, but a little harder to work in the dark or with cold fingers. Similar to these.
http://www.iscwales.com/Products/Buckles-Components/BU102-45mm-3-Bar-Slide/3398/
http://www.iscwales.com/Products/Buckles-Components/BL121-45mm-Square-Link/3400/

I have used them both on different prototypes and I like them both, so its up to you guys, give us some input on which style you would like to see.

Thanks,
Boswell

All right guys, its no secret that Aero Hunter will be releasing a new model soon. One feature that every one has been asking for is quick release leg straps, so no more fishing muddy boot through the straps. This will be a feature in the next model, here is the question. Which type of buckle would you rather see?

The first is a 94 gram Klick lock buckle, these are very simple to work but have a little noise to them
http://www.iscwales.com/Products/Bu...lick-lock-Buckle-25mm-Sliding-Tang-Set/14603/

The second, would be a 3 bar slider with a square link. These are similar to what is used on some safety harness as the QR on the legs. Basically the 3 bar section would fit through the square link. These would be lighter, but a little harder to work in the dark or with cold fingers. Similar to these.
http://www.iscwales.com/Products/Buckles-Components/BU102-45mm-3-Bar-Slide/3398/
http://www.iscwales.com/Products/Buckles-Components/BL121-45mm-Square-Link/3400/

I have used them both on different prototypes and I like them both, so its up to you guys, give us some input on which style you would like to see.

Thanks,
Boswell
The klick lock looks to me what I would want. I think you could add or remove clothing in the tree with that buckle.

Klick type,no doubt.
I have a harness with the H type leg straps (a regular treestand safety harness) that I have owned and used for several years.
I have on a few different occasions had the H bar work through the square bar,leaving a strap disconnected.
Now I will say that this happened when I wore the harness UNDER clothing,and that certainly is how the disconnect
was caused.(As a side note,I do this at times when using a climbing stand because the waist and leg straps sometimes hang up on the top of the climber when sit/standing to climb,so I put harness on under pants) But the fact is if you do not keep tension on the connector,there is a possibility of it slipping through if rubbed against anything,so for that reason alone I would not use it.That may be why the safety harness manufacturer went to the Klick type buckles,and I have not seen the H bar type on any newer harness's.
Just my opinion.

Boswell, I'd go with the 3 bar slider. They can be a pain, but they're used in all construction safety harnesses for a reason. If interlocked properly, it's a bullet proof system that needs no maintenance and can't be accidentally undone easily. SAFETY OVER CONVENIENCE.

I like safety too but having two legs straps come undone is highly unlikely and even if they did I doubt it would result in a fall. Convenience in this case trumps safety.

I personally think the addition of buckles for the leg straps is kind of a silly idea. I am typically all about upgrades, but this one makes no sense to me. For safety I would rather have them hard lined to the harness ( not to mention those who will disconnect them while 30 feet up to be "comfortable and risk falling), for stealth sake I feel that by adding more metal-to-metal connections will add even more unwanted noise ;defeating the whole purpose of the advances thus far on this saddle for stealth ,and finally are you really that afraid of getting a little mud on your harness. Just saying

I'm not much help, as I haven't used an Aero yet. But, I think any company that goes straight to the end users for input like this (especially end users as actively focused on improvement as this forum) is impressive.
I like the idea of buckles on the leg loops. I am forever getting my heel stuck stepping into harnesses. Buckles are much more convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not much help, as I haven't used an Aero yet. But, I think any company that goes straight to the end users for input like this (especially end users as actively focused on improvement as this forum) is impressive.
I like the idea of buckles on the leg loops. I am forever getting my heel stuck stepping into harnesses. Buckles are much more convenient.

I agree that a company who goes to the end user is a legit company. That is why I bought my Aero Hunter Evo straight from New Tribe.

I personally think the addition of buckles for the leg straps is kind of a silly idea. I am typically all about upgrades, but this one makes no sense to me. For safety I would rather have them hard lined to the harness ( not to mention those who will disconnect them while 30 feet up to be "comfortable and risk falling), for stealth sake I feel that by adding more metal-to-metal connections will add even more unwanted noise ;defeating the whole purpose of the advances thus far on this saddle for stealth ,and finally are you really that afraid of getting a little mud on your harness. Just saying
I don't think you would be adding much more metal because you would replace the leg strap adjustment which is metal with the buckle. I like the idea of a buckle. A few times I wished I could add rain gear while hunting. That may be possible with a buckle. Also I am sure that an aero with no leg straps would be just as safe as the sit drag and probably safer. IMO

Click type. Is safety really a factor? Don't a lot of you guys not even use the legs straps?

Click type. Is safety really a factor? Don't a lot of you guys not even use the legs straps?

I don't have leg straps and have even had a fall arrested. I can't see click buckles not being safe considering the design of the saddle.

I don't think you would be adding much more metal because you would replace the leg strap adjustment which is metal with the buckle. I like the idea of a buckle. A few times I wished I could add rain gear while hunting. That may be possible with a buckle. Also I am sure that an aero with no leg straps would be just as safe as the sit drag and probably safer. IMO

I guess that is true for the rain gear addition. Those "cobra" type buckles do make a sound tho, because where they clip together is metal on metal and they have play in them. But i could be wrong, never used the specific one they mentioned. Proper sit drag setups also incorporate the user wearing a climbing harness connected to a static line. The sit drag is not used for fall prevention, whereas the Evo is. I saw some other rock climbing harnesses with buckles on the leg straps and they looked pretty fancy. I could see the small conveniences of being able to buckle and unbuckle them but I am not so sure the trade off is worth it.
Who knows, maybe I am wrong and will consider the upgrade after enough user reviews and input.

I personally think the addition of buckles for the leg straps is kind of a silly idea. I am typically all about upgrades, but this one makes no sense to me.
I don't think they are needed, but it's our number one requested option. I use them to put the saddle on, but not to take it off.

Safety is the only factor, at Aero Hunter our goal is to make the safest most user friendly, versatile hunting saddle on the market.

Thanks,
Boswell

Quick-release style buckles would be better than having to fish the bar slide through the square link. Plus i could see the square links clanking if they are not pulled taught.

Quick-release style buckles would be better than having to fish the bar slide through the square link. Plus i could see the square links clanking if they are not pulled taught.
Rubber coating is an easy remedt

Back