• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is this normal on the Kestrel?

Boomstick300

Just received my Kestrel a few days ago. Today I was able to do a few dry runs in the backyard. As I was looking things over I noticed that my carabiners were totally off the doubled up areas on the webbing... this only occurred when I let out all the slack in the seat adjustment. Bridge and tether adjustments did not impact placement.

R/S
Mike
aadc2d1a5f2a0aecc8a9b6e3cf36970e.heic

Your really not in a normal saddle position the way you are in that pic. I think that's the issue here. If you put your tether head height and stand with your feet at the base of the tree I bet they sit right where they need ro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, I would be out like a light - even quicker - if I tried to hunt like that...

I recommend you adjust stuff as flingin' suggests until you are somewhere around a 45 degree angle to the tree to start with. That is a decent reference point to begin your search for an optimal comfort position.

lol. Thanks gents-First time in a saddle. Couldn’t figure out why some people were not comfortable in the Kestrel.... lol It felt like a lounge chair in that pic. I got it down now thanks for the advice.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How tall and how much do you weight and what size kestrel do you have?

Back