• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just joined from South Louisiana

BigLurch_75

Hello everyone. I am from southwest Louisiana. I have never used a saddle & after watching videos, I am really interested in learning this technique. I love hunting public land, & there is nothing I dislike more than lugging a 20+ pound climber around, & then not being able to find a decent tree to climb. My goal this off season, is to put together a saddle system & learn to hunt from it efficiently. Thanks in advance, for any info you guys throw my way, & for answering the numerous questions I will have.

Welcome to the site. Saddle hunting will change how you hunt in amazing ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know they had trees in SW La thought it was all rice fields out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome! Are you from Sulpher, Lake Charles, West Lake, Hackberry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome! Are you from Sulpher, Lake Charles, West Lake, Hackberry?

None of the above. I live in Moss Bluff. North of Lake Charles. Hunt mostly in Kisatchie & Richard K. Yancy WMA.

Welcome. We like answering questions so don’t be afraid to ask but be afraid that you will get 20 different answers. Saddles are a personal thing. Everyone has it tweaked for them. This is the perfect time to get started. You will have all summer to tweak it. Just don’t give up and once you find your comfort spot you will never use a climber again.

Welcome. We like answering questions so don’t be afraid to ask but be afraid that you will get 20 different answers. Saddles are a personal thing. Everyone has it tweaked for them. This is the perfect time to get started. You will have all summer to tweak it. Just don’t give up and once you find your comfort spot you will never use a climber again.

From what I have read & watched, I have gathered that, for sure. I told bcsportsman that I am gonna have to learn a lot of new skills, like sewing, rope splicing, & how to use rock climbing equipment.

I'm only teasing. Welcome to the site and get ready for your hunting equipment expenditures to increase. The fellas around here sure know how to make you spend money.

Fox, your profile says "bottom of the boot". I take it you are south of New Orleans.

None of the above. I live in Moss Bluff. North of Lake Charles. Hunt mostly in Kisatchie & Richard K. Yancy WMA.

Well I was pretty darn close! I’ll be hunting through February but if you’d like to try them out, I have a Quido’s Web and I think I’m getting ready to go the very minimalist route. I’m not too far out of your reach if you’d like to drive up to the Centerville/Oakwood TX area to give it a go before you decide what you want?

Fox, your profile says "bottom of the boot". I take it you are south of New Orleans.

Actually about 30 minutes North but still south of I-12.

I travel to your side of the state from time to time with a surveying project down in Cameron. We stay in Lake Charles, so if you want to try out a sitdrag before buying I'll bring mine over for you to check out.

Well I was pretty darn close! I’ll be hunting through February but if you’d like to try them out, I have a Quido’s Web and I think I’m getting ready to go the very minimalist route. I’m not too far out of your reach if you’d like to drive up to the Centerville/Oakwood TX area to give it a go before you decide what you want?

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. I am looking at the Kestrel currently. But, I may just jump right into the RCH & sitdrag. After this weekend, I am going to get serious about the buying process. I would definitely like to meet up with someone that can show me some tips.

Actually about 30 minutes North but still south of I-12.

I travel to your side of the state from time to time with a surveying project down in Cameron. We stay in Lake Charles, so if you want to try out a sitdrag before buying I'll bring mine over for you to check out.

Do you stay some weekends? If so, bring your bow. The Lake Charles archery club had 3-D fun shoots once a month. I would like to see your set-up for sure. Thanks for the offer.

Back