• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just one guy's thoughts...

Maustypsu

In the Product Review section we could have a sticky that is tightly modded for each of the popular commercial saddle types.
Lots of pros/cons questions are posted. Most of the time I look at who is online there are more guests than members. My guess is many are looking for a comparison before they buy. If we can give them a more robust offering of unbiased information it may help more pull the trigger with comfort and join our community.

This wouldn't be a review of everyone who ever sat in a saddle. I'm thinking more like: weight, dimensions, and some member scoring of features like comfort, ease of set up, popular mods...

Mod would delete "the Web is too big to be practical"... " Only looking for facts and should be open to the manufacturers to add their sizing charts, model types, etc.

Again, this isn't so much for the questions we get asked as it is for the ones we don't... I would be willing to post everything I could look up to get them started, or even mod just those posts if you can give that level of access.

I likes your idea. Most guys when I tell them about this hunting style either say "I'm crazy" or "Your gonna kill yourself". Most people don't get it until you show them the facts which is why I demonstrate it to them. After that they start thinking :).

Been thinking of something similar. Bump this to remind me if I don't put something up in the next few days. I think I'll create a separate section like "Hunting Saddle Models" or something.

This was rolling around in my head as well. I think this would be very helpful.

Back