• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kamik boots

Root

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...9s-sportsman-insulated-rubber-boots?a=1518510

I have tried three sets of muck boots and I've never had a pair last a whole hunting season without falling apart. Last fall I had a pair of muck artic pros and I wanted a cheap back up incase so I bought these. Three weeks in the sole of the mucks detached so I used these. I hunted the rest of the season with warm conformable feet. I used them for limited spring scouting. I also used them every hunt this year. They never fell apart and have remained pretty comfy with tons of miles on them. They have a removable liner which is great for when your feet sweat.

The only issue I have is they are now just starting to have the liner wearing thin on my heal. I'm so impressed that I plan on ordering two more sets for next season. My current boots are moving into snowmobiling duties. If you want cheap boots try them out.

Thanks for the review I had been curious about these I too am disappointed with muck boots.... the next expensive rubber boots I will try will probably be Irish setters but I wouldn't mind to give these a try first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the muck woody elites for 6 years without a single problem untill runing into barbed wire last year. I’m not sure what I want to replace them with yet but I think they were great.

My Mucks were pretty great until i tore them on some briars last year they are still comfortable and going strong 3 years. I can go through water that’s over 6” deep lol I bought Irish setter RPM’s I have been happy with them this season

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...9s-sportsman-insulated-rubber-boots?a=1518510

I have tried three sets of muck boots and I've never had a pair last a whole hunting season without falling apart. Last fall I had a pair of muck artic pros and I wanted a cheap back up incase so I bought these. Three weeks in the sole of the mucks detached so I used these. I hunted the rest of the season with warm conformable feet. I used them for limited spring scouting. I also used them every hunt this year. They never fell apart and have remained pretty comfy with tons of miles on them. They have a removable liner which is great for when your feet sweat.

The only issue I have is they are now just starting to have the liner wearing thin on my heal. I'm so impressed that I plan on ordering two more sets for next season. My current boots are moving into snowmobiling duties. If you want cheap boots try them out.
How are the soles standing on bolts for a platform ?

No problem for me standing on the top of my stick as part of my platform.

Every pair of muck boots I've owned have had glue issues.

I had a pair of bogs that lasted three seasons that held up really well. My biggest issue with them was a lack of a heal. I like having a heal that I can hook on steps when I climb or slide down banks.

I have not had a problem with mucks... I have one pair that is four years old and still used. They even get ozone and have a bit of cracking as a result.

I bought my son the Kamik Huntsman boots for Xmas this year. I was really impressed with the quality and fit (I tried them on before my wife wrapped them). I haven't had any experience with Kamik but, I am impressed with what I have seen so far.

Well first potential problem. My hunting boots have made the switch to snowmobile / winter work duty. Yesturday I wore them out of work to pick my son up. Soon as I stepped onto the smooth floor of the school I skated and almost landed on my ace. Whether something got on the bottoms or if it was a combo of wet boot and smooth floor idk. I haven't tried it again but they were like ice skates.
I'm still buying two new pair for hunting next year. But I have to say if they don't grip smooth flooring be careful.

Other issue now that I'm beating on them riding snowmobiles is the liner is starting to ball up and come apart a bit. Not enough to scare me away for their price. Plus I've walked countless miles hoofing gear which probably aided in it. But I wanted to let you guys know.

I've tried several different pairs of muck boots and they all delaminated. One pair in the toe, one pair at the heel, and one pair on the side. The only other pair that has lasted as long as these were bogs.

Well first potential problem. My hunting boots have made the switch to snowmobile / winter work duty. Yesturday I wore them out of work to pick my son up. Soon as I stepped onto the smooth floor of the school I skated and almost landed on my ace. Whether something got on the bottoms or if it was a combo of wet boot and smooth floor idk. I haven't tried it again but they were like ice skates.
I'm still buying two new pair for hunting next year. But I have to say if they don't grip smooth flooring be careful.

Other issue now that I'm beating on them riding snowmobiles is the liner is starting to ball up and come apart a bit. Not enough to scare me away for their price. Plus I've walked countless miles hoofing gear which probably aided in it. But I wanted to let you guys know.

I've tried several different pairs of muck boots and they all delaminated. One pair in the toe, one pair at the heel, and one pair on the side. The only other pair that has lasted as long as these were bogs.

Just bought a pair the Kamik Cody last week at blains farm and fleet.
They are rated -100 but I was skeptical.
I have been using them for the late muzzle season tree stands not saddle.
The temps have been zero to five below sitting for three hours and not sweating on the way in . My feet still got cold but not unbearable. The warmest boots I’ve worn.
Climbing steep snow/leaves hillsides was a challenge in them but they are always slippery but these are worse.
Next time will carry them in and hike in my Danners.
Great price though $119.

What stands out the most about them is the money. I spent roughly $500 on muck boots through the years. For that same price I could buy roughly 12 pair of these.

I have two pairs of the Irish setters. One for early season and another with 1000 grams for late season. Had them both for about 3 years. Not a real good judge for longevity though, as I have not been in a tree for 2 years.

However I was hunting with a buddy last day of Va’s general firearm season and his muck boot soles came apart. They were this seasons boots and he said only used them 20 times or so.

you cant go wrong for these. been wearing them for over 15years . they used to be under the name of baffin. excellent grip in mud - easy on and off- take liners out at night to dry if needed. we wore these extensively rabbit hunting and they held up as good as any boot would in some shore nuff briars. i wear a 11 tennis shoe and bought these in a 11 1/2 just for a thicker sock so sizing seems to be true.actually still got a pair of the baffins as a backup if needed.

I want to try a pair of the kamik, I have heard they are good. These are my muck boots for swamps and I think that discontinued them. It's a woody elite with a pull up hip wader. You can't tell they even have the wader part as it's light and not bulky. I'll be bummed the day these wear out cause I have two places I go they are priceless
cc79052d78b131891d587fc1dba448af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back