• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Keeping pack scent free

Johnboy80

Anyone have any tips for keeping your back packs from getting sweat soaked in warm weather other than having to tote it. I have the Alps Pursuit which has the blaze orange rain cover but it only covers the backside and not the shoulder strap side. Any tips are appreciated

I use an ozone machine and spray it down with activated carbon and water. I am not sure if it works but that is what I do. I cannot smell anything but maybe the deer can.

If you don't have to take the pack up in the tree, put it in a plastic bag and seal it shut. Take it out at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put mine in the washing machine regularly and spray with scent control. Not perfect, but should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wash mine frequently and ozone it when I don't have the time to wash it.

I also wash mine in scent free detergents plus a little baking soda by hand in a tub then hang dry on the clothesline.
Once dry it goes in my air tight tote. Although this year, I am thinking about putting all my clothes in those huge ziploc bags, so maybe my pack will fit in one, its fairly small.

Back