• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kenetrek Mountain Extremes

PAhunter90

Thought I would ask the saddle hunting community for reviews on the kenetrek mountain extreme boots. They are definitely expensive but Im sure plenty of you have fallen victim to buying boots every year. I've heard lots of great things on them and their longevity. Looking for any insight from ya'll!

Thanks

wish I could find someone in central FL that sold kenetrek boots. I am in the market for a new pair of boots.

You’re at the wrong website everyone here wears crocs. Lol
I don’t own a pair but the guys I know that have them either love them or hate them. I guess it depends on the shape of your feet.

I received a pair of Kenetrek Hardscrabble hikers for Christmas. I think they are pretty similar to the MEs. Kenetreks in general are VERY stiff soled and supportive mountaineering boots. I only have about 50 miles on mine so far but I almost feel like I am wearing high heels or something compared to my Lowa Renegades. I am still undecided on keeping mine. I feel like I'm going to kill myself trying to navigate rocks and deadfall, just can't get used to the balance point. That said, there are people who absolutely love the super supportive boots.

I don’t own a pair but the guys I know that have them either love them or hate them. I guess it depends on the shape of your feet.

I luv my crocs. :smiley:

I have the non insulated Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. They are worth every penny!! The leather quality and craftsmanship is amazing!! They motored me around for 9 days in Colorado last year with ZERO foot issues! I also wore them around a good bit this winter. One thing I found is even though the ones I have are non insulated, They are still warmer than some of the insulated boots I've worn. Match these boots up with a good merino wool sock (Darn Tuff or Smart Wool) and you are set! If you're going to drop some serious coin on some boots, I give these 5 stars!!!

You can't go wrong with kenetrec. I had a pair and loved them. Take a look at Crispi too. I wore those on a 7 day hunt out west, during hunting season and hiking. They are the best boot I've had over my kenetrek and Danners. I have the Titan GTX, my friend has the Thor GTX and loves those too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IMG_4803.JPG
In case anyone else was curious, I ended up buying a pair of kenetreks and am blown away by support and comfort they offer. I put a lot of miles on them this weekend turkey hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't buy this silliness - there are still some real men left that don't wear those dang things..... just because we wear diapers in trees doesn't mean we've given up all man points:)

I have the non insulated Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. They are worth every penny!! The leather quality and craftsmanship is amazing!! They motored me around for 9 days in Colorado last year with ZERO foot issues! I also wore them around a good bit this winter. One thing I found is even though the ones I have are non insulated, They are still warmer than some of the insulated boots I've worn. Match these boots up with a good merino wool sock (Darn Tuff or Smart Wool) and you are set! If you're going to drop some serious coin on some boots, I give these 5 stars!!!
I guess you made your own pair at home.

Here in Ohio we go with insulated camo crocs.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
0cb6a163d3daddad65330d5d33e835f5.jpg

Back