• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel Bridge Question

Carcher87

Just got my Kestrel in the mail. Sat for about 30 min and once my platform is figured out. I Will be hooked. I do have 2 questions.

1) I had them ship it without the caribiner I felt like the bridge was really long so I untied it and the tied a over hand knot and attached a biner. Is a over hand knot a good knot to use and second what can I do with the excess rope hanging down.

2) what are the benefits and draw back to both short and long bridge?

The advantage to a Figure 8 instead of an overhand is that it is easier to untie.

Bridge length changes hip pressure and combined with tether height, changes the pressures on the saddle

Just tie a loose stopper knot in the extra rope until you really know. An ounce or two of rope isn't a big deal

I would like more pressure at the bottom of my butt / under thigh. What's the best length and tether hook up for that. Thanks

Last edited:
@Boudreaux ... I have them as tight as I can, but as I do that yes it puts pressure there. However once u put all my weight down it causes the bridge to pull on the saddle loops at the top higher then the re-enforced material which then causes the saddle to rise up my lower back and pull from my lower buttocks. That's why I am wondering if it might be my bridge length or tether. I seem to like a shorter bridge and longer tether. In my mind I feel as though it creates a little more clearance for me to draw. If I can get a little more comfort down low I can adjust to draw... Make sense? Lol

@Boudreaux ... I have them as tight as I can, but as I do that yes it puts pressure there. However once u put all my weight down it causes the bridge to pull on the saddle loops at the top higher then the re-enforced material which then causes the saddle to rise up my lower back and pull from my lower buttocks. That's why I am wondering if it might be my bridge length or tether. I seem to like a shorter bridge and longer tether. In my mind I feel as though it creates a little more clearance for me to draw. If I can get a little more comfort down low I can adjust to draw... Make sense? Lol

Sounds like your tether is too high. A picture of your setup would help us help you.

I will get a picture tomorrow. How high do most place their tether?

It depends on the tree, every setup is different but I usually have it within 3 inches of my forehead when standing.

That's about how mine was. I will try a lower tether. Is it still better having a shorter bridge for more clearance. It's about 10 inches from tether biner to saddle.

I run a 24 inch bridge so 12 on each side of the biner. But everyone likes something different so you have to experiment.

Back