• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel buckle covers

justsomedude

IMG_2864.JPG I thought I didn't care. But when your bridge is hanging loose, the bridge carabiner will hit right against your left leg buckle.

I think NewTribe should consider building this in

3" wide elastic cut 4.5" long, sew (not too close to the edge) and turn inside out.

Tight enough to stay in place but won't squeeze the buckle open (tight INNERTUBE WILL!).

This is perfect. Glad I didn't stealth strip it yet, I like this better.

IMG_2868.JPG Going to try a sock cover (synthetic is best) on the bridge carabiner. Best way is to untie the rope and poke a small hole in the toe and then retie.

Some people do this on their tethers with a Ropeman or grigri as well. Covering a device would definitely raise safety eyebrows...obviously only cover a tether device after you were all set up

I think NewTribe should consider building this in
We did this in prototype testing, it was a bell. So sewn on the top so it would not slide down, but could be turned "inside out" to see positive connection. Ultimately decided to leave it up to the user on how to silence.

Thanks,
Boswell

We did this in prototype testing, it was a bell. So sewn on the top so it would not slide down, but could be turned "inside out" to see positive connection. Ultimately decided to leave it up to the user on how to silence.

Thanks,
Boswell
I knew you thought of it :)

Nice! This answers the question I had yesterday.

Been using kid socks for years to slide over carbineers, ropeman, buckles, etc. Did a video sometime back using them to wit steps on a strap as well. Cheap, easy to replace

Last edited:
Been using kid sucks for years to slide over carbineers, ropeman, buckles, etc. Did a video sometime back using them to wit steps on a strap as well. Cheap, easy to replace
Yeah..I'm going to dig around for some tighter fitting socks. Just trying to avoid cotton.

You'd need small baby socks on the kestrel leg buckles : But I don't know if they would be thick enough to quiet it down

Back