• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel comfort

Glad to hear that!! But honestly I had no doubts regarding that saddle. Mine should be here Monday by 10:30 so I can't wait. By the way how's it looking out there. Any movement???

Good to hear red, Let us know. I would like to play with mine tomorrow.

Glad to hear that!! But honestly I had no doubts regarding that saddle. Mine should be here Monday by 10:30 so I can't wait. By the way how's it looking out there. Any movement???
I didn't have doubts either but it is different from the EVO and the SitDrag.

Last edited:
If your bridge/tether are too long, you will feel like you are falling forward out the Kestrel. You also have to establish the belt down where you would wear your pants and tighten the leg straps. I am in the process of shortening the bridge now. Just eliminated the carabiner and tying it on.

If your bridge/tether are too long, you will feel like you are falling forward out the Kestrel. You also have to establish the belt down where you would wear your pants and tighten the leg straps. I am in the process of shortening the bridge now. Just eliminated the carabiner and tying it on.
Keep us posted on the progress

Update on this: Put about 10 more hours in the Kestrel over the course of the weekend. This is what I found out: tether height is critical. The 2 times I have had any discomfort I had the tether higher than I usually do (cause I threw it over a branch). Yesterday I moved the tether back down to eye level and my comfort immediately improved. This confirms what I thought about my first uncomfortable sit, it was my tether height that was causing discomfort.

Do you put the tether at eye level while you are standing or sitting ? Hopefully mine will be here sometime this week and it's great that you took the time and do this so the learning curve for the rest of us will be shorter. Thanks

Do you put the tether at eye level while you are standing or sitting ? Hopefully mine will be here sometime this week and it's great that you took the time and do this so the learning curve for the rest of us will be shorter. Thanks
I set my tether plus or minus a few inches of my eye level while I'm standing. No problem!

I'm digging how comfortable it is. I climbed 40 feet up the other day to hang out for a while in it. It's a winner for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eye level as well. I can run my tether a little higher and maintain comfort by adjusting the bridge. I'm reluctant to go with an adjustable bridge though. Tether length had little impact

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another 4 hour sit this morning and this saddle is awesome. I have had my lead about a foot higher than my head and have no issues. Im going to make a shorter bridge and try my lead at eye level. I have to say I really like the self locking carabiners , they make a huge difference for me.

Oh and I let two baldies walk ... they had no clue I was there and they past about three feet from the tree I was in. I kept the tree between me and them... all I kept thinking was if I had been in a stand they would of picked me out easy. These kestrels make you a tree ninja !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I too will confirm that tether height has impact on the comfort. I was hooking up higher than head level before and was adjusting the bridge instead. I figured I would lower my tether and wow what a difference.

Are you guys talking about putting tether around tree at eye level or where you hook it to bridge??I'm coming from using my trophyline tree saddle ,But you guys got to me and I have a kestrel on the way lol... seems like Ill have a adjustment period getting used to kestrel.I hooked tether on TL as high on tree as I could and seemed to work well for me

Back