• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel setups

Airborne06

new to saddle hunting . I just got my kestrel and I am wondering how you guys have them set up with pouches and stuff. I hunt mostly run and gun setups so ease and efficiency is important. Also I would like to know how most people are packing them in. I have a 2-3 mile commute to my tree stands so I carry all my cloths in my pack and change in the woods so I don’t have much for extra room in my pack.

Check out Boudreaux Boswells youtube video series. They have really helped me. This one should be close to what you are looking for.
Also check out the videos by G2 Outdoors and the DIY Sportman.
They are all part of this forum and are an amasing resource.

Congrats on the new saddle. If you do not have room in your Pack I would strap the saddle in either the saddle bag provided or the upgraded bag and and donn it after you put on your clothes

I would wear it in and daisy chain tether and linesman belt like Boudreaux does. I attached doyle gear hoist on my backpack to pull up bow/ gun. I replaced bridge with REI climbing sling which one end is attached to kestrel and other end with carabiner is in my front pocket.

Maybe put WE steps in pack and strap what clothes dont fit on outside of pack.

Congrats on the new saddle. If you do not have room in your Pack I would strap the saddle in either the saddle bag provided or the upgraded bag and and donn it after you put on your clothes
What is the upgraded bag ? Also do you guys silence the buckets with stealth strips at any thing?

This is what i have on mine so far
aa317f52334a6799053b44503ba4393e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is mine now for practice. I will remove 2-3 of the pouches come hunting. But i can grab and go for a climb. I also made a few neoprene buckle covers.
31e8e223768bd489bc39bb4c25d5a993.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine now for practice. I will remove 2-3 of the pouches come hunting. But i can grab and go for a climb. I also made a few neoprene buckle covers.
31e8e223768bd489bc39bb4c25d5a993.jpg

I’m gonna add one more pouch to the other side. And think I’m gonna leave my bridge connected. Not sure. Like your set up

I got mine set up very similar to Boswell's. I do have a pouch of tree bolts on my right side for easy access when I'm using them. Other than that it pretty much looks exactly the same. I like the simplicity of just daisy chaining my ropes up, I don't put them in a pouch

Hate having any extra weight on my saddle. Fixed amsteel bridge and linesman is fixed on left side and connected to other side with ropeman and caribiner, enough slack to throw over my neck going in and in a pouch on left side while in the tree.
I daisey chain my tether and clip it across the back side of my saddle. With a lot of weight I had to tighten my saddle belt so tight it cut off circulation. Still learning and tinkering but trying to be a minimalist.
And a side note, if I had predator camo there is no way I could cover that up either. Me jealous

Bare bones kestrel here. I tried clips on the Molle straps to be able to hook and remove gear but it’s too far in the back to reach and thread a loop with a hook blind. Plus the molle loops are too tight. I just have a paracord loop on each side to hang a versa button when climbing with sticks.

Back