• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel vs the Evo

eyedoc

Ok everyone... I have not been on this sight for a while. Just checked back in and I see I have missed the release of the kestrel. What are the advantages of the kestrel over the last evo model?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyedoc for me I like the smaller form factor, lighter weight, the convenience of the leg buckles, the new design of the bridge, and the loops for the lineman's belt. After first trying it on I loved how light it was, how it easy it was to put on, I hardly felt like I was wearing a saddle. I walked around for quite a while at an Outdoor Expo while wearing it and I was amazed how comfortable it was. I was a little concerned about the size of the seat but after hanging from it those reservations went away. To sum it up AeroHunter somehow made less more while keeping the same quality construction and safety they are known for. I can't wait to hunt with it this season!

Roger,

I had made a small SitDrag rig because I sometimes like to keep a saddle with me that I might not use and choose to ground hunt. The Evo was too big for that use.

The Kestrel packs down nice and small while still being comfortable. The Evo gives more support and has more adjustability.

Overall weight the kestral is the winner. I think the design of separate loops for the linemans belt On the kestral i found were a huge plus. The evo in my mind was heavy but well made. I still have my evo and sitdrag. The kestral i think takes a slight adjustment curve but nothing that most have not already solved allowing the curve to be really nothing but instructions to follow. Hands down both are built evenly to the highest quality standards.

Well ****! Came back here for 1 day and have already placed an order... now the wait. Watched Boswell's videos on YouTube and really like what I saw! Guess my evo will be moved to back up

The Kestrel allows a lot more freedom to walk and for hot weather like it is now works great. I have an Evo's and im keeping it. They are awesome saddles and I wish new tribe made these hunting saddles 20 years ago !

Ok and if I had to really nitpick about the kestrel dare I say ... I wish the linesman loops were the "D" style like on the evo. Once in the tree its a ljttle more difficult to remove and attach your lineman's belt. Also I like to have my bow rope in a small pouch on my left side and Im wishing there was a gear loop really close to the bridge loops. Also a heavy duty loop for a carabiner on the main belt would be great for those that would like a second / backup attachment option instead of leaving the linesman belt attached ( just an idea for Boswell if they plan to modify the kestrel ) Also I would gladly pay the extra expense for these options !

Last edited:
Officially order number 653. Hope to have it before the season ends...but not a big deal. Will hang out in my Evolution until it comes in. I am patient

Officially order number 653. Hope to have it before the season ends...but not a big deal. Will hang out in my Evolution until it comes in. I am patient

653 ! Wow lol , I was 274 on 8-15 and I ordered as fast as I could. I want to order another kestrel but I am waiting until the demand slows a bit.

The Kestrel allows a lot more freedom to walk and for hot weather like it is now works great. I have an Evo's and im keeping it. They are awesome saddles and I wish new tribe made these hunting saddles 20 years ago !

Ok and if I had to really nitpick about the kestrel dare I say ... I wish the linesman loops were the "D" style like on the evo. Once in the tree its a ljttle more difficult to remove and attach your lineman's belt. Also I like to have my bow rope in a small pouch on my left side and Im wishing there was a gear loop really close to the bridge loops. Also a heavy duty loop for a carabiner on the main belt would be great for those that would like a second / backup attachment option instead of leaving the linesman belt attached ( just an idea for Boswell if they plan to modify the kestrel ) Also I would gladly pay the extra expense for these options !

ADP couldn't you just hook your secondary line to the lineman's loop and use that as your backup?

Roger,

I have found exactly that ... the linesman rope makes a great backup , I had to figure it out ( this is my first saddle season )

I keep alternating between the Kestrel and Evo and I would recommend to anyone to get each one. They both have different applications , Kestrel allows easy hiking to further hunting areas and is great for warm weather... the Evo adds an extra layer of warmth on colder mornings and IMO is more comfy than the Kestrel for longer sits , its also not bad hiking in the Evo either. Both saddles work in harmony with hip wadders , soon I will try each saddle with chest wadders as well. I am having a blast with these saddles !

Back