• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knee pads or seat cushion

CharlieRayT

So I'm really torn between knee pads or a seat cushion. What makes the decision crucial for me is the fact that I have an acute case of Osgood-Schlatter disease. This was one of my big issues years ago when I hunted from the Trophyline Treesaddle. I would usually try and roll up an extra shirt or something to act as a cushion. Honestly it just never dawned on me to use knee pads. I'm looking at the Hunt Comfort cushions. They are pricy but they have the gel inserts inside the layers of foam. The con of the cushion to me would be what if I have to move around the tree? The con of knee pads is would they offer substantial comfort and support. The pic is of my left knee. I've had lots of knee trouble over the years. IMG_1556.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does a kickstand work with the Aero Hunter?

The link will not open for me about the kickstand.

I would try both out and see what works best for you! I hate carrying extra stuff but with a knee like that you may find the combination works best!

I would try both out and see what works best for you! I hate carrying extra stuff but with a knee like that you may find the combination works best!

I agree. I really don't want to add more hardware to the mix. I'm thinking a very thick cushion my be my best bet. With limited time to hunt I want to be able to hang all day. Even on a slow day hunting I'm still enjoy being out in a tree.

I personally don't like
wearing knee pads. More sweating and chaffing....it's easy to strap a cushion on your back to carry in. And no worries about fitting over your layers of clothes.

The XOP cushion that comes with the platforms we are all using works perfect. I used that all season. I don't care for knee pads now

I'll have one to try soon thanks to a very generous brother in this group.

I bought a platform but it did not come with a cushion.

I bought a platform but it did not come with a cushion.

Maybe they stopped sending them? I built three over the summer and they all came with them.

Yeah no cushion here either.

Back