• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lets talk Guidos Web

parkersdad

I just got a new Guidos Web and so far I am loving it. Do you guys have any tips that you have learned over the years from using the Web?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a paracord "handle" for mine to make it easier to pick up that was pretty dang handy. I also rolled the leg straps up all the way and zip tied them. Never saw the need for them lol.

There is an adjustment on the left side of the backrest strap, you can make more adjustments with it to help with comfort.
After getting settled in the web, you can take your shoulder straps of your shoulders and be a bit more comfortable. Always keep your weight against the tether and always put shoulder straps back on before coming down. (It will be uncomfortable when the web falls to your knees as you pull yoirself up on tether before coming down).
Warmer days, carry the web across one shoulder so the web will not get you as hot.
Sleeping, if you have the tall model, slide toward the tree placing your straddle against the tree, let the back rest and lumbar straps completely out letting the back lay almost straight away from the tree, lay down and sweet dreams.....

When shooting a rifle, turn the whale tail to one side and let your knee rest against the tree, you can rest your rifle against the tree while shooting . (Knee and one side of tail needs to be resting against tree )

Thanks for all the tips and info. I'm going to try to use my Web the majority of my hunts this year to get used to it. It is definitely comfortable and easier to carry than a regular Treestand to me

That's a good idea I think I will try that. How do you tie off to the tree
My rope has a loop tied in the end with a climbing rated oval quick link. I wrap the rope around the tree, into the link, screw the link shut and pull tight. I use the link because I have a ground length rope for rappelling down after the hunt.

Call me strange but I like the strap and bridge that come with the Guido's web. It has lots of adjustment and I find it quite simple

Call me strange but I like the strap and bridge that come with the Guido's web. It has lots of adjustment and I find it quite simple

I like it also but there's no way to rappell down without unhooking the strap and switching over to the rope. So this just eliminated one step for me.

What is that you are using for the bridge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fawnzy, it's the stock bridge that cames with the Guidos Web. I like the bridge but prefer the rope for connecting to the tree so I cut the tree strap off and just use the bridge.

Thanks Mike
Nice looking piece of kit.
I'm going to try making a "Kickstand" for my TS. If I'm not happy, I'll be taking the plunge and getting a web.

Thanks Mike
Nice looking piece of kit.
I'm going to try making a "Kickstand" for my TS. If I'm not happy, I'll be taking the plunge and getting a web.

You won't regret getting the Web.

No pictures but if your Web is a "TALL" model, it's easy to fall to sleep in.
I have a hard time NOT falling asleep in mine as is. I never tried reclining the back rest all the way to lay down.

Reclining works great. don't forget to let out the lumbar strap also.
One other tip, on the whale tail (fork), I drilled the rivits out and moved the whale tail back one notch (shorter) and replaced with bolts and nuts so while climbing, the tail does not hang the top of your rubber boots.

When you rappel, how do you get your rope down or so you just leave it? So you rappel with both ends and pull one over at the bottom?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back