• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lineman/Bridge/Ascender idea

Renoir1976

sorry if this is old news... I see ascenders connected via carabiner. A metal to metal contact that can be noisy... I loop a small accessory chord (the one in this pic is a bit long) through and it's silent. Maybe this helps others... I also eliminated some tubular webbing by using the same rope/ascender arrangement for the saddle as I do for the linemans belt while ascending.

In case of safety concern and redundancy... I don't switch the rope to support my weight on saddle until I'm hooked on the tether with a climbing harness.

Attachments

• IMG_9129.JPG
    IMG_9129.JPG
    578.5 KB · Views: 238
The Ropeman doesn't make any noise despite the contact due to the constant pressure. That is an awesome idea for the Kong Duck though!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sorry if this is old news... I see ascenders connected via carabiner. A metal to metal contact that can be noisy... I loop a small accessory chord (the one in this pic is a bit long) through and it's silent. Maybe this helps others... I also eliminated some tubular webbing by using the same rope/ascender arrangement for the saddle as I do for the linemans belt while ascending.

In case of safety concern and redundancy... I don't switch the rope to support my weight on saddle until I'm hooked on the tether with a climbing harness.
Is it hard reaching your bow on that side of the tree? Wire gate biners on your bridge? Be safe bro.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is it hard reaching your bow on that side of the tree? Wire gate biners on your bridge? Be safe bro.

Thanks Tracker.

First is the most important: Wire biner . . . You're right! Not the best selection and I appreciate pointing that out. I guess I moved forward with that knowing its not my primary attachment, safety wise. Locking carabiner to prussik to tether, is my primary life support. I'll swap that out.

This particular bow placement isn't the norm for me. I put it there based on the tree I selected and the path I anticipated the deer to use. The short answer to ease of acess is "not really". Before I found this forum I've been doing alot of trial and error as I found tons of nuances, tradeoffs, if-thens. I made a ton of mistakes. This site has accelerated my learning a ton so thank for taking the time to point out these two things... especially the wire gate carbiner.

Thanks Tracker.

First is the most important: Wire biner . . . You're right! Not the best selection and I appreciate pointing that out. I guess I moved forward with that knowing its not my primary attachment, safety wise. Locking carabiner to prussik to tether, is my primary life support. I'll swap that out.

This particular bow placement isn't the norm for me. I put it there based on the tree I selected and the path I anticipated the deer to use. The short answer to ease of acess is "not really". Before I found this forum I've been doing alot of trial and error as I found tons of nuances, tradeoffs, if-thens. I made a ton of mistakes. This site has accelerated my learning a ton so thank for taking the time to point out these two things... especially the wire gate carbiner.
I agree this site we all learn from each other, Thats why its so great.

Back