Live From the Bed

Discussion in 'Anything saddle related' started by Wirrex, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:01 PM.

1. Wirrex

Wirrex Member

Well the end to my 2017 season arrived this morning in the form of ACL reconstructive surgery with meniscal repair. All went well.

[​IMG]

I hunted hard having this surgery looming over my head. Thanks to my wife for understanding, and taking care of our 3 young boys. The middle one actually got his tonsils and adenoids removed last Tuesday. My wife is a trooper!

I did not get a deer this year but had two shots on mature deer early on. Both were clean misses. First the top limb of my recurve hit a tree limb. The second a forced shot through leaves (dumb I know).

[​IMG]

I had to cancel my trip out west with my buddies. It was a 10 day trip to spot and stalk muleys and whitetail deer in South Dakota. This was something new and exciting I was dreaming about for a year in advance. Everything was set in place and I had to back out for financial and physical reasons due to the surgery. My friends had an amazing trip putting stalks on several mature deer each. One connected with a 160 class muley. They say they are headed back. Next time, I will be there with them!

[​IMG]

I was also fortunate enough to hunt a weekend in Illinois, the golden triangle no less! Several pieces of land that one family friend hunts by himself. He has taken 3 booners and 25+ pope and young bucks. His basement looks like an exhibit at Cabelas! He claimed a deer over 200” was on the land this year. For me, it rained the entire time, a downpour the weekend through. Few deer were seen, however, just knowing the opportunity in that woods was a surreal feeling. It was an unforgettable trip with an open door for possible future hunts. Score!

[​IMG]

I ended my season swinging from an ideal tree, in a dynamite spot, with the first snow coming in. I didn’t hear a stick break in that 28 degree weather but I was content.

[​IMG]

I’m laying here in bed, already bored, looking at bows I want to buy, and dreaming of next years season in the saddle.

herd90, Apex7, HardBall and 1 other person like this.
  2. Erniepower

Erniepower Well-Known Member

Get your rest and heal. I started my trip down the saddle rabbit hole because of a shoulder surgery. I spent a lot of hours in a chair with an iPad reading and shopping when I came across the Guidos web and as they say, the rest is history....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wirrex likes this.
  3. Wirrex

Wirrex Member

I’m an electrician and was told, best case scenario, 12 weeks off of work. I sold my truck to pay for lost wages. The trades suck in that regard. I look at it this way, I have 3 months to convince my wife to let me order a Boarder Covert Hunter recurve...

Kambaku and Redfeather like this.
  4. redsquirrel

redsquirrel Administrator
    Staff Member

Rest up and have a good recovery!

Wirrex likes this.
  5. Apex7

Apex7 Active Member

I know what you are going through . I am a union Pile Driver and got major injuries at work last October 29th. Just made it back to work on lite duty 4 hours a day 4 days a week. Set out last huntig season dreaming about this year. Still hard with my back and palvic injuries but I am a live. My right knee is bad but no operation yet . Just a matter of time before that happens. Just hang in there you will be back at it before you know it. Being off work is how I found this web sight. So I guess good things can happen when you are hurt.

Wirrex and redsquirrel like this.
  6. Autumnrider

Autumnrider Well-Known Member

Wish you the very best. Heal strong and prepair for next year.

Wirrex likes this.
  7. redsquirrel

redsquirrel Administrator
    Staff Member

I hope this makes you laugh, but when I first opened this I was hoping it was somehow live from a deer bed :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wirrex likes this.
  8. denots

denots Member

That rough! Knee problems suck and ending a hunting season early because of one sucks even more. Hope you have a speedy recovery. You definitely have a positive attitude considering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9. noxninja

noxninja Well-Known Member

I feel your pain been there done that got the t-shirt. I blew mine out chasing a turkey down, had the surgery and the next one I killed, the first thing out of The Boss Hen's mouth was...."well how did the knee do?" She never wants to have to go through that nightmare again!