• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Live from the tree!

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Let's try one of these this year.

I was settled in 45 minutes before shooting light this morning. Had a set of eyeballs already under my tree. Nothing else yet. And boy is it humid out here today.

Storming here. It was supposed to miss us but it didn't! Still optimistic.

Had a storm come through right before I left the truck. Just had my first sighting!

Too bad it's not bear season yet!
4284aee7a16dfb54ca76e72b4ea4438a.jpg

That's awesome Red, storm skipped us here in central NJ. And I plan on having my first sit on Monday. Don't want to fight the humidity and heat just yet lol

That's awesome Red, storm skipped us here in central NJ. And I plan on having my first sit on Monday. Don't want to fight the humidity and heat just yet lol
Yea it was just a small one that popped up on the drive to my spot. The humidity was bad, but hunting season is open, and this morning was one of the times I was able to get away to the tree, so when that happens, I'll be in a tree this season!

Nice first sit Red, ive never seen a bear while hunting. I did find bear poop in one of my plots, so there's one in the area this yr.

Nice first sit Red, ive never seen a bear while hunting. I did find bear poop in one of my plots, so there's one in the area this yr.
You should come to north jersey, we have bears everywhere. We finally have an archery bear season this year, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get out during it cause of work. This bear this morning would have been a perfect one because I probably could have gotten him out of the woods lol.

You should come to north jersey, we have bears everywhere. We finally have an archery bear season this year, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get out during it cause of work. This bear this morning would have been a perfect one because I probably could have gotten him out of the woods lol.
My buddy and I are actually going to try and pull together a archery bear hunt this year up near Stokes.

Rain is out, humidity is in , 95 degrees. Just saw a mosquito big enough to stand flat footed and make love to a turkey.

Rain is out, humidity is in , 95 degrees. Just saw a mosquito big enough to stand flat footed and make love to a turkey.

lol funny stuff Huck. We get some big ones up here, but they dont bite luckily. Them dang little ones seem to come at ya 40mph and javelin ya cause they are sucking blood before their feet hit.

lol funny stuff Huck. We get some big ones up here, but they dont bite luckily. Them dang little ones seem to come at ya 40mph and javelin ya cause they are sucking blood before their feet hit.

They call them chiquitos. Please tell me someone gets this reference! I'm expecting a lot out of you michigan guys on this one.

My buddy and I are actually going to try and pull together a archery bear hunt this year up near Stokes.
Nice! Do you know where you're going? I'm pretty familiar with some areas up there. I'd love to tell you I would meet up with you but my season is such an big unknown right now.

Lol, javelin.

He was so close! No tag?
That's the second in archery range in 2 days!
Our state is so messed up, there is so many politics in bear hunting. I'm hoping eventually the archery season will be open longer, but this is the first year for it and archery for bear is 6 days at the end of October. I wish they would realize that with only 6 days and no baiting it is going to be hard for people to kill many bears with a bow (although the last 3 days are muzzleloader too). It is a management hunt so they really want you to kill bears.

That's rough. Oh well. Bear doesn't eat all that well anyway. I'd much rather venison tenderloin.

That's rough. Oh well. Bear doesn't eat all that well anyway. I'd much rather venison tenderloin.
I'll take a backstrap :)

My bear that I got was delicious though, the steaks tasted just like pork chops. I think it just depends on the bear, I've heard things all over the map on how they taste.

Back