• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Saddle and Platform????

That is the Assassin. It has been discontinued.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought one in 2005 and sold it last year. As designed, it isn't the most comfortable because you're basically standing as compared to a saddle where you can have more weight on your hips. I did kill a lot of deer with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the assassin platform. It's great to use with any type of saddle besides the one that came with it.

I have the harness and the assassin platform. The platform is great, I never used the harness.

For the record, I have one and I love it. I don't use the OEM harness. I use my saddle. It's sets super fast but it's heavier than other platform options. For this reason I use it for shorter walk sets less than a quarter mile or half mile of easy terrain and an all day sit. The platform is spacious. I've built equivalent platforms with an elite seat though but like the XOP everyone else is running it doesn't set as easy as the Assassin or the Klemz (or my modified Klemz).

If we got enough guys together, I'm sure we could sand cast something in the middle that would cam lock

I've been looking at images of lock-on style seats and it looks like the Lone Wolf Assault original lock-on seat would be great for this. Have any of you used this one????

I've been looking at images of lock-on style seats and it looks like the Lone Wolf Assault original lock-on seat would be great for this. Have any of you used this one????
Like the bassboy?

Here's mine. It's the one on the far right. I am also in the process of cutting down the base of the assault stand to create another platform. That way if a guy can find one of those stands, you end up with two platforms.
81497ffd5b29aec325f00c8b2b7c53e1.jpg
b55b3a39a35ade015762b41bb1e8fc2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's the one. I'm clueless about these platforms but that just looks like it would be most solid because of the proper width and depth.

That's the one. I'm clueless about these platforms but that just looks like it would be most solid because of the proper width and depth.
Yep, its the one I use the most. The hardest part is finding the sacrificial stand. I have been looking for a couple years and only been able to locate 2

@Erniepower and @BassBoysLLP - to set a modified Klemz platform, you tighten the LW strap over the versabutton, then cam down the seat (with the built in bracket). That's it right?
Yep. Lift the seat, cinch, and lower the seat. If you want it tighter yet, hug the tree, stand on top of the post with one foot, lift the seat up with your other foot, then stand on the platform.

Ok let's get them cast. Who on here has the contacts that can make this happen? @Erniepower ? @BassBoysLLP ? I feel confident we could probably sell 20-30 pretty easily. Who is willing to do the leg work? I'm happy to help by any means necessary, but I'm not a metal/fabrication guy. Who will help me? I'll be buying 2-3.

I'm willing to pitch in cash for the initial purchase if necessary.

Ok let's get them cast. Who on here has the contacts that can make this happen? @Erniepower ? @BassBoysLLP ? I feel confident we could probably sell 20-30 pretty easily. Who is willing to do the leg work? I'm happy to help by any means necessary, but I'm not a metal/fabrication guy. Who will help me? I'll be buying 2-3.

I'm willing to pitch in cash for the initial purchase if necessary.
We have some great resources here. Isn't @bowhunter15 an engineer? He could do the cad work. Once we have a 3d printed part it should be fairly easy to cast one. Or..... I believe one of the guys on here has a cnc table. We could pay for him to machine them.

We have some great resources here. Isn't @bowhunter15 an engineer? He could do the cad work. Once we have a 3d printed part it should be fairly easy to cast one. Or..... I believe one of the guys on here has a cnc table. We could pay for him to machine them.

Yep. I'm a chemical engineer. Hold a doctorate from UW. I'm no mechanical engineer but I work with a lot of them and have access to software.

Toughest aspect of this is timing. With hunting season in full swing, I don't see anyone touching this until late December, early January.

Issue with machining and benefit of casting is the material waste

Yep. I'm a chemical engineer. Hold a doctorate from UW. I'm no mechanical engineer but I work with a lot of them and have access to software.

Toughest aspect of this is timing. With hunting season in full swing, I don't see anyone touching this until late December, early January.

Issue with machining and benefit of casting is the material waste

Low volume considered, investment casting may be our best bet. And the tooling won't be as expensive.

I'm a mechanical engineer myself, but my cad days are long behind me. I have some guys here who could help but like you said, t would be spring before we had real parts

Gentleman,

I am currently in the process of developing a full customizable conventional hang-on in the LW and XOP design that would have interchangeable component parts (post, seat/saddle platform, trad platform) I am also developing sticks that can be customized based on the hunters individual height and spacing between steps. I have an engineer doing platform design and I am currently sourcing aluminum casting manufacturers and actively considering materials and process that could be used in the near future (3d printing new composite technologies, etc.) I am not an engineer. I am a CPA. Let me know if I can help in any way or if any of you would be willing to use my prototypes and offer suggestions as to optimal variable post lengths for stick and platform applications.

Back