• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Look what showed up today

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
Anyone know where I can find the pursuit book?
4be2ae07a861e7b62ba7b3b50265bbf2.jpg
35a5015205614279ad80ad77516c33ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Ernie. I just ordered that book, also. How did you get a signed one?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey Ernie. I just ordered that book, also. How did you get a signed one?

I was looking for both books and I heard a rumor that his son Ryan had multiple copies of both books at his house and would be willing to sell them. I found Ryan's address and sent him a letter. Well Roger wrote back and offered to sell me the magic book but he didn't have any of the pursuit books. It took me six months to get around to sending him a check, but when I did, this is, what I got.

Awesome. Wish i would have known that.

I hope I don't sound dumb but I've never heard of that book or the author just curious what it's all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I don't sound dumb but I've never heard of that book or the author just curious what it's all about.

Roger Rothhaar is easily one of the best deer hunters alive. Great book by one of the greatest!!
The last time i talked to Roger I had him sign my copies of Whitetail Magic and a couple copies of In Pursuit of Trophy Whitetails. His son Ryan has all of his books.
Roger usually attends the Compton shoot in Berrien Springs, MI on Father's Day weekend.

Roger Rothhaar is easily one of the best deer hunters alive. Great book by one of the greatest!!
The last time i talked to Roger I had him sign my copies of Whitetail Magic and a couple copies of In Pursuit of Trophy Whitetails. His son Ryan has all of his books.
Roger usually attends the Compton shoot in Berrien Springs, MI on Father's Day weekend.
I wish I could have gotten a copy of pursuit too, but so far I'm still looking. I just don't want to pay what they are charging on Amazon/ebay

Roger was complaining to me about guys buying copies of his books, having him sign them then selling them on ebay.
Ryan inherited all of Rogers books when he bought the farm from Roger. Roger bought 1000 acres in Iowa and is still killing monsters but he's keeping them to himself and not looking for publicly, he's been down that road before....

Rogers first book "In Pursuit of Trophy Whitetails" was more of an instruction book outlining how he finds and gets opportunities at monster bucks. His second and final book "Whitetail Magic" takes you along on some of his most memorable hunts. Whitetail Magic is my all time favorite hunting book and I recommend that if you can find a copy, get it....

Back when this thread was first posted it reminded me that my dad had a copy of "Whitetail Magic". I was over there Sunday for Easter and for some reason I remembered to ask him about it. After finding a box of books in a spare bedroom, I came home with these:

books.jpg

I've got a lot of reading to do this summer. @Erniepower did you ever find a copy of "In pursuit of Trophy Whitetails"? (Before you get your hopes up this ones not for sale :)) just curious if you ever found one.

We also found VHS copies of a pile of hunting videos, including every movie made prior to the 2000's that had a Wensel Brother in it. I am currently trying to track down a VCR to see what the quality is like and possibly record them to DVD.

Back when this thread was first posted it reminded me that my dad had a copy of "Whitetail Magic". I was over there Sunday for Easter and for some reason I remembered to ask him about it. After finding a box of books in a spare bedroom, I came home with these:

View attachment 11621

I've got a lot of reading to do this summer. @Erniepower did you ever find a copy of "In pursuit of Trophy Whitetails"? (Before you get your hopes up this ones not for sale :)) just curious if you ever found one.

We also found VHS copies of a pile of hunting videos, including every movie made prior to the 2000's that had a Wensel Brother in it. I am currently trying to track down a VCR to see what the quality is like and possibly record them to DVD.
You lucky dog! Nope I still haven't found one......

@Erniepower I saw this thread and thought they couldn’t be that hard to find. BTW they’re not that hard to find but the price is hard to swallow. Sad thing is there are probably untold copies sitting in thrift stores or attics being chewed on by mice.

@Erniepower I saw this thread and thought they couldn’t be that hard to find. BTW they’re not that hard to find but the price is hard to swallow. Sad thing is there are probably untold copies sitting in thrift stores or attics being chewed on by mice.

I did a couple quick searches this afternoon to see if I could find something for Ernie also. The prices are pretty crazy. I did see this sold on ebay a couple of months ago. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Roger-Rothhaar-In-Pursuit-of-Trophy-Whitetails-Paperback-/183666266130

You should set an ebay notification @Erniepower, you might get lucky and have another copy show up for sale.

Back