• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for Ameristep Platform steps?

red2delta

I have been researching this site and found this amazing setup that basically will solve my problems. I am hoping someone on here can help guide me to where i can find and buy a set of steps for strapping on a tree as a platform. Maybe someone on this site has some for sale?

Something like this. Thanks
P1050326Copy.jpg

or this
7dc6ec1b5bd048f9aa546c241ec3f640.jpg

Images just found on google.

eBay they pop up every so often. If and when I go with a XOP platform mine may be for sale. Just like the top pick. I think I only have 5 on mine.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

How many do you need? I can probably part with a few with no strap. It's better to buy a strap from Strap Works that works with a boat buckle anyway.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

How many do you need? I can probably part with a few with no strap. It's better to buy a strap from Strap Works that works with a boat buckle anyway.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am not sure. I would think 4 or so would work for any size tree. I will look into the strap, thanks for that tidbit.

They are called ameristep strap on steps. They pop up on here and ebay pretty often. They typically go for about $20 a step because they were discontinued a while ago now. There is a thread in the platform section on them because some of them have been recalled: http://www.saddlehunter.com/communi...eristep-strap-on-step-recall-information.888/. That will help you learn to identify the ones that are ok.

Thanks Red, I will be sure to try and verify before I purchase.

Back