• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looks like I get one last crack at it

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Plan fell through today so it looks like my afternoon just freed up… it's colder than crap out here for this old fat guy but I'm really thinking about going climbing a tree and try and get some more venison....... sure as heck aint taking my kayak out in this cold though. Would be so easy to stay here where it's warm.....

Get out there! My season ended Sunday. Wish I could get one more crack at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the temps Dave? I'm sure some of us northerners could motivate you to get out there.

But then again, if you're sitting at home with your pink crocs, I'd stay in too :D

It was 16 degrees for my sit this morning in southern Oklahoma. Cold enough the deer weren’t moving. I know that’s nothing for you northerners, but our deer are just as cold averse as the humans are down here.
I’ve only got this evening and tomorrow morning left. A real nice buck I’ve named “Jr” is taunting me at this point.
He keeps showing up on camera either the morning before a hunt, or the morning after. Hopefully he slips up in the next 24 hours!

I’m soft once the temps hit the teens, and if I have some meat in the freezer, I’m staying inside! Good luck Dave

I'm out here an area I haven't stepped for in for two years.... at that time there were two 3.5 year old bucks... solid eight pts.... if they are still here they should be outstanding 5.5 yos.... well see.... very little sign coming in...
If a doe walks by ill add her to my freezer collection

I'm out here an area I haven't stepped for in for two years.... at that time there were two 3.5 year old bucks... solid eight pts.... if they are still here they should be outstanding 5.5 yos.... well see.... very little sign coming in...

I like visiting places I haven’t been in a couple of years and I absolutely love going in blind.

Good luck!

Back