• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LW Seat platform with Whoopie Sling attachment

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
I received a lot of questions about my platform with the whoopie sling attachment. Here's a video that explains how I use it. Also, with the whoopie sling, you aren't relying on the "ears" or "tabs" to support your weight.

Great video. Love this forum. Love the small community. Equally love the sharing of information and the effort everyone puts in to make saddle hunting more effective, comfortable, and safer than ever before!

Thanks BB. This is also my favorite forum by far. Just think about how far the community has pushed the limits to improve saddle hunting in the last couple seasons!

And for those that are wondering about the strength of the Amsteel Blue rope - it's around 8,000 pounds.

Nice video G2. Im going to go this route but will splice the one side on the platform so it pernament and bypass the larkshead and use a stepp knot on the otherside. Is that 1/4" or 5/8 amsteel? I'm also going to make my own brackets one of these days as i don't have the muddy stick brackets.

Real nice. So which seat is that? XOP? You got a video a dummy could follow on making a whoopy sling? Also how much does that weigh. Thanks

Never mind I read the title again and seen where it says lone wolf. Man I need to find a real small seat.

Nice video G2. Im going to go this route but will splice the one side on the platform so it pernament and bypass the larkshead and use a stepp knot on the otherside. Is that 1/4" or 5/8 amsteel? I'm also going to make my own brackets one of these days as i don't have the muddy stick brackets.
That's 1/4 amsteel. You could go bigger without any real weight penalty. I also like the Stepp knot. If I wasn't such a fan of splicing and whoopee slings, I'd be using it.

The weak spot in this setup is the aluminum tube. You MUST REINFORCE IT.

Real nice. So which seat is that? XOP? You got a video a dummy could follow on making a whoopy sling? Also how much does that weigh. Thanks
Do a search on YouTube for whoopee sling. There are lots of good videos. You just need the rope, some scissors or a sharp knife, and a loop turner.

A lot of videos will tell you that a loop turner or a fid isn't necessary, and they're right. But I've spliced a A LOT of Amsteel and a $4 10" loop turner from walmart/hobby lobby/Amazon is worth it.

That's 1/4 amsteel. You could go bigger without any real weight penalty. I also like the Stepp knot. If I wasn't such a fan of splicing and whoopee slings, I'd be using it.

The weak spot in this setup is the aluminum tube. You MUST REINFORCE IT.
lol - yes I know I have been using bondo and fiberglass inside mine for a while - bent enough tubes to learn that :)

Great video!! I think instead of mounting the XOP platform to a Muddy stick I am going to do a shorter stick like yours. How much amsteel do I need for that whoopie sling?

The aluminum bar is same price as XOP I beam. Is there that much weight savings? Also since I am a little mechanically challenged what are you cutting the aluminum with and can you use a regular hand drill to make the holes? Also I wonder instead of making and using a whoopee sling I wonder if a nylon strap would work. I have a couple stabilizer straps from 3rd hand archery that could do the same thing but I am not sure the strength rating.

Back