• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Make the most out of Cranford EZY® Climb Folding Rope Tree Step

Good video. Do you know the fall rating on the CamJam?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good video. Do you know the fall rating on the CamJam?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I know they say not for climbing use, and I completely agree that it shouldn't be used for anything safety related. The carabineer doesn't lock and the cam won't auto catch like a ropeman if you slip it out and let go.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I know they say not for climbing use, and I completely agree that it shouldn't be used for anything safety related. The carabineer doesn't lock and the cam won't auto catch like a ropeman if you slip it out and let go.

Are they not being used for something safety related here? I like the video and will try this off season.

Are they not being used for something safety related here? I like the video and will try this off season.
I meant things that needed to be fall rated like lineman's belt and tether

Here's my way to climb trees with Cranford rope steps. Light weight, compact, and pretty easy. Also one way to try an adjustable aider with climbing sticks and Wild Edge steps at the end of the video.

Very creative BC

It's guys like you that come up with alternative ways to help a lot of guys out.

BC how many times have you hunted this way ? How has the CamJam held up ?

4-5 hunts, the camjam looks new. It has a 1500lb breaking strength, which is almost double most cam buckles, so I'm not too worried about it. I will always be using a lineman's belt, so it doesn't need to be climbing rated.

Side note, I would say that cranford rope steps are a bit loud on bark in the severe cold. The way you have to set them up by cinching the rope and how they slide down a little when you step on them is a little too much. Plus this method is harder with more clothes. So, I still think this is a great method for above freezing temps, I will always have sticks for late season.

4-5 hunts, the camjam looks new. It has a 1500lb breaking strength, which is almost double most cam buckles, so I'm not too worried about it. I will always be using a lineman's belt, so it doesn't need to be climbing rated.

Side note, I would say that cranford rope steps are a bit loud on bark in the severe cold. The way you have to set them up by cinching the rope and how they slide down a little when you step on them is a little too much. Plus this method is harder with more clothes. So, I still think this is a great method for above freezing temps, I will always have sticks for late season.

How many steps does it take to reach 30ft ? Another thing is time form ground to hunting height.
I also guessing you are using the aider as a step when installing step above your head

I'm 5'8" I'm guessing you use the aider as a step when installing the next step. If so how stable does it feel ?

Yeah, I shorten the aider so that it's even with the step that I'm standing on. It's not bad because it's only 3.5ft long at that point. It's not as stable as a step, but you get used to it.

I watched this again. I really like it. I gotta try it. Either for a whole climb or take two sticks and finish a climb this way if needed.

Is that a whoopie sling setup you are using with the webbing?
The rope that comes on a Cranford step is a whoopie sling, the extension I made is an amsteel dog bone.

Back