• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mesh style tree saddle comfort

Publicpounder

I purchased a used OD green tree saddle. It has small holes in it verses the style John Eberhart uses if that helps. Anyway, I hunted out of it a few times and it just eats into your hip and into the small of your back. Like I could barely take it on a 4 or 5 hour hunt by the time I got down. Is there anything I can do padding wise that has worked for folks and made them more comfortable?

It might be because I'm fat and out of shape, but it sure was digging in pretty good and I was in the size John Eberhart said I should be using.

What are your measurements and what size tree saddle is it?

I am 5'10 and 240 lbs. I believe it was an XL, I'll check for sure when I get home.
Ok. Maybe someone of a similar size can help and give some advice. The sizing for the tree saddle was critical to be comfortable. Don't worry, the guys on here will get you squared away.

Where are you tying in on the tree above your head? Also have you experimented with pulling it up higher or down lower to reduce the pressure points? If I tie in too high or the saddle rides up on me the pressure increases.

I don't believe there are any adjustments on the TTS like there are on the Evolution or the Kestrel. I would setup at ground level and experiment with tie in points and adjustments with the placement of the TTS. If it is still not comfortable I would look for a larger size or some way to reduce the pressure.

My one friend actually used a piece of PVC on the Evolution to spread the bridge and keep it from pinching him and he says it works great. I have never tried it but he swears it works on his Evolution. I hope this helps.

Roger,

I'm out of shape and had same problems using the mesh saddle. It kept riding up my back. I used a high tie up back then. Try a lower tie up, and or a smaller size as strange as that sounds.

I'm 6'1 and 250 pounds and use a Large TL tree saddle. I have tried the neoprene, mesh and leather. First one was XL then I picked up a large. Fit much better. I even bought s medium and that fit the best but wouldn't work out once I layered up. So I stuck with the large. Tether height is crucial like others have said. I like to lean and put it just above my head. I think the XL may be the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Public back when I was looking at the Trophyline I believe both John Eberhart and Bobby Boswell suggested a size smaller than the website recommended if I remember correctly. That is why I never picked one up I needed a medium and the only TL saddles I could find were Large or Xtra Large. Then the Evolution came out and I tried one and have been extremely pleased with it. If after you try what everyone has suggested you might consider trying an Evolution or Kestrel if you can't find the proper size TL saddle.

Roger,

Public if you can talk to John Eberhart or Bobby Boswell they have tons of experience with the Trophyline and would know if a medium saddle would be a better fit for you. Can you take some pictures and post them so we can see what's going on? As they say, a picture worth a thousand words and it might be easier for experienced TL saddle guys to pick up whats happening. I hope this helps.

Roger,

Sure I will take One. Is there a trick to posting pictures on this site, I know on some forums it takes a lot with photobucket being down.

Sure I will take One. Is there a trick to posting pictures on this site, I know on some forums it takes a lot with photobucket being down.
I have been using tapatalk to post pics, there is no size issues when posting. That has been the easiest for me.

You are better off posting pictures through tapatalk if you use it, or if you're on a computer you can upload them as an attachement and insert them into the post. This is the best way because they will stay on the website's server.

When I had a neoprene TL I got a large and it was way to big. I am 5 feet 11 inches tall and 200 pounds. I took the large back and got a medium and it fit fine. Sold it to get a web.

Back