• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Milk weed container

swampsnyper

I've been using milk weed for a few years now. Use to take a cotton ball with me and just pull some fiber loose and watch them float but the milk week is lighter. Anyway I packed some in a small plastic bottle and been using that. But thinking there must be a better way. I'm always worried about dropping the cap and sometimes it's hard to shake the fibers to the opening of the bottle when they all clumped together. Just wondering how those that use milk weed store them for use in the field.

Got to love milkweed for wind detectors!
I use a 35mm film canister, it is about a zillion years old and has been with me for many years in the woods.

I also sew a small patch of the 'hook' side of Velcro on my bow arm sleeve. When I get in my stand I pull out some milkweed (or cattail fluff) and rub it on that Velcro patch. It stays there until I need to pull some off and let'r fly!

Why not do what Mr. Infalt does. Put a pod with a slit down the side in a chest pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a bino lens cleaner, the one with the little neoprene pouch, and cut the lens cloth out of it leaving a small tag end. Then I took the finger off a rubber glove and packed the milweed in it and tied it off like a balloon. I ziptied that into the neoprene pouch and cut a small slit in the end of the glove and I can pull as many out as I need. I have it attached to my binos so it's always
handy. Works great!

So far I have just been using a pill bottle but I have an approximate 1/4" hole in the bottom. Normally once you get one through it will pull the second into the opening much like a tissue box. But I am liking the idea of a soft "pouch" of some kind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I took a bino lens cleaner, the one with the little neoprene pouch, and cut the lens cloth out of it leaving a small tag end. Then I took the finger off a rubber glove and packed the milweed in it and tied it off like a balloon. I ziptied that into the neoprene pouch and cut a small slit in the end of the glove and I can pull as many out as I need. I have it attached to my binos so it's always
handy. Works great!
Pic please!

I love this! I have been using Merribou feathers from fly tying and have them in a small ziplock. I am going to try the coin pouch.

Unscented soap bubbles

If you mixed in a little urine you could lay out a trail right to your tree

Or maybe that's an evening hunt scenario. Daytime thermals would carry the bubbles away

Or maybe that's an evening hunt scenario. Daytime thermals would carry the bubbles away

I gave this a serious try and couldn't get a light enough bubble. Most bubbles sank way too fast when compared to milkweed or feathers.

Really? I was only kidding but as a kid we sometimes made some that would do the trick. Others like you say we're to heavy. Interesting thought though.
I think milk weed is to easy to mess with.

Pic please!

571bd09f2a0b98b96187ad1cf7a0251f.jpg

af2ba9babc569e3148858f4aa2e22d93.jpg

Reason I did that, I had just zip tied the rubber glove finger to my binos and my first trip out I snagged it on a sticker bush and POOF there went all my milkweed

Reason I did that, I had just zip tied the rubber glove finger to my binos and my first trip out I snagged it on a sticker bush and POOF there went all my milkweed

HAHAHAHA

Back