• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Missouri public land deer hunting

Autumnrider

I have 3 buddies + me, planning on hunting Missouri next fall. We are heading up that way during the first weekend in March for a weekend of scouting and exploring Mark Twain national forrest down in the southeastern part of the state. (only because one of our party has hunted that area)

We are wanting to hunt an area in the northeastern part of the state but we just don't know anything about that area.

National Forrest would be great....private land would be awesome......lol

Can anyone help? (not wanting to move in on anyone just looking for direction)

Thank you,
Keith (Autumnrider)

Twain is giant and I know of a few guys that drag good deer out of there every year.

Thanks Anobody....(cool name)
I think we are headed to or close to some place called Donavan (sp)..
We wanted to cover some ground before the leaves are out and plus we can see where the most traffic of people is.

Would you be willing to travel to the western part of the state? I know some good conservation areas that are about 1.5 hours outside of Kansas City.

As long as there is a good chance of taken a really nice buck. KC is 10 hrs from home.... We are from Notheast Mississippi and I would figure that 7 hrs would be as far as the guys want to travel. They may want to do it though.

Can you help us?
Please give me your knowledge of the conservation areas..thank you!

Would you be willing to travel to the western part of the state? I know some good conservation areas that are about 1.5 hours outside of Kansas City.
I'm curious too. I live 3.5 hours from KC in Northwest Arkansas.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My brother and I have been planning a MO trip for many years. The timing hasn't worked out. Ever since I've added a kayak to my arsenal, I'm thinking I'll focus on some of the wetlands that get less pressure from deer hunters. I'd ask to join with you, but I'm headed back to Montana this September. Good luck!

I'm always down for an out of stater to join in on the misery. If any one want to hunt west central I got plenty of good public around.
I may be down. I live in Fayetteville, AR. About 3.5 hours from KC.

Perfectly fine. I wouldn't expect anything else.

KCRhyno,
It looks like we are leaning towards the area you told me about.
I'm wanting to carry the bow and the others think I'm "COOKOO". They are going to carry the loud weapons so they can reach out there. They don't want to go that far and just watch one walk that's out of range.
I'm curios --- Should I fall in their tracks or stay with the bow?

Back