• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mobile setups

Robert loper

SH Member
Ok whats your favorite mobile setup?
Do you prep trees and use screw ins as platforms or carry everything in and setup on the fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Do you prep trees and use screw ins as platforms or carry everything in and setup on the fly?

ve

This season all of my climbs have been mobile. I use the wild edge stepps to climb and as a platform. I also have used the one stick method with a muddy stick. When I one stick, I use the stick as part of my platform and two WE stepps. Right now I'm using a sit drag with a black diamond colour rock climbing harness.

I can't pick one climbing method. Right now my preference in order is:

1.) Spurs
2.) SRT
3.) Wild Edge Steps with Red's climbing method.
4.) Sticks with aiders

Spurs I can only use on a few properties

I used SRT a lot this year. I love how quiet and efficient it is.

Red's wild edge steps entered late in the game but it's a winner.

Sticks are OK but I hate carrying them.

Almost all sits I utilized a small seat platform. If needed because tree was greater than 8 inch DBHH(Diameter Breast Hunting Height), I added a Stepp or Ameristeps on the opposite side to maintain 360 shooting.

Exception are a recent hunt where I used Stepps as a platform and another hunt with the Guidos web with spurs where I didn't use a platform at all. Just sat down and relaxed. Spurred around as needed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't pick one climbing method. Right now my preference in order is:

1.) Spurs
2.) SRT
3.) Wild Edge Steps with Red's climbing method.
4.) Sticks with aiders

Spurs I can only use on a few properties

I used SRT a lot this year. I love how quiet and efficient it is.

Red's wild edge steps entered late in the game but it's a winner.

Sticks are OK but I hate carrying them.

Almost all sits I utilized a small seat platform. If needed because tree was greater than 8 inch DBHH(Diameter Breast Hunting Height), I added a Stepp or Ameristeps on the opposite side to maintain 360 shooting.

Exception are a recent hunt where I used Stepps as a platform and another hunt with the Guidos web with spurs where I didn't use a platform at all. Just sat down and relaxed. Spurred around as needed.

When you use srt is it run and gun or pre set with paracord I wanna give srt a try currently I've only used lw sticks and I'm looking for a better option... I also plan on trying the Stepp with wider method.

A little of both. Some areas are super easy to run and gun SRT. Some areas are a nightmare with buckthorn everywhere. If I know the area, I grab the SRT (or the spurs). Otherwise stepps or sticks.

I hunted Mobil 95% this season. This meant I mostly hunted evenings. I carry everything in and out. Next season I will have more presets for the morning hunts. Also, I will have some spurs which will really be an upgrade from my aiders or sticks.

I mobile hunt 98% of the time using my Kestrel, climbing spurs and XOP platform. My bow in my left hand, spikes in and right and platform/pack on my back. I do a lot of blind hunts in the mornings as well and after a while you get the hang of picking the right tree in the dark. It's still hard sometimes but it usually works out. If I am hunting a specific bed where I have to go slow and quiet I will actually strap my spikes to my pack as well and use a trekking pole in my right hand. That REALLY helps when I am moving slow and have to step over obstacles. It helps my balance and in turn how quiet I am.

What is the lightest and quickest (and easiest way)to set up sticks and ratchet steps platform? Im new guys ordered my saddle i really want a system with my kesel. To be ready to hunt in less than 10 minutes

Sticks with aider so you use less sticks , less times to strap around tree. Use a boat buckle / over cam buckle on your ameristeps platform.

Where do i buy aiders. I wouldnt trust myself to make my own?

Ok i just want a single aider on like 2 maybe 3 steps. Where do i buy and what do i buy. For 2-3 steps ? I heard diy guy on you tube say rei.

Ok i just want a single aider on like 2 maybe 3 steps. Where do i buy and what do i buy. For 2-3 steps ? I heard diy guy on you tube say rei.

I just sewn up these but before I just tied a waterknot. I'm short so there is no sense in me having 2 step aiders on a lone wolf stick. I can't reach high enough to put up my step to take advantage of it.
http://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/lonewolf-stick-and-aider.4838/#post-64987

Where do i get. ? Tubing at? And wats measurements?

Ok i just ordered 2 9 foot pieces of 1 inch tubing and 2 1 foot pieces of 7/16 static cord for footing im gonna try to make when i get it ill keep u updated

Got the tubing and rope made the aiders it was fairly simple.
Im gonna make a video on it soon on my channel. Show how i did it
Its not as long as diy guy did but same concept

I mobile hunt 98% of the time using my Kestrel, climbing spurs and XOP platform. My bow in my left hand, spikes in and right and platform/pack on my back. I do a lot of blind hunts in the mornings as well and after a while you get the hang of picking the right tree in the dark. It's still hard sometimes but it usually works out. If I am hunting a specific bed where I have to go slow and quiet I will actually strap my spikes to my pack as well and use a trekking pole in my right hand. That REALLY helps when I am moving slow and have to step over obstacles. It helps my balance and in turn how quiet I am.
What kind of Spurs do you use ?I was looking at the maybe trying some spurs out

Back