• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Moving on from Web to Kestrel

adbel17

Hey all. I recently picked up a Guido's Web and like it. Very comfortable and fairly easy to use. I'm now thinking that an Aero Hunter Kestrel may suit me better so I am thinking about selling the web and purchasing one. I've been reading a ton of opinions and reviews but just figured I'd check to see if anyone has made that specific move? I have the rope bridge set up with the web, but the more I look at the Kestrel, the more it interests me.

I think there is just cause to own both. I don't have the web but I don't think I would sale one to buy a kestrel either. I think when it cools off here and hunting with a rifle it would be nice to have the web. Especially on private where you can have a good preset and not much you need to carry in. The kestrel is nice. I'm really enjoying mine but I don't think anyone would say it is more comfortable than the web. Even If you still decide to sell and get the kestrel I would wait until they have some in stock. It may be a couple months before everyone that has one on order gets theirs. We all hope not but I don't think New Tribe was expecting the kestrel to sale like they did.

What is the average wait upon ordering at this point? I just sent them an email as well to try and find out.
How are you liking the Kestrel? I like the web, but was thinking something a bit more streamlined may be a better choice for me.

Hey all. I recently picked up a Guido's Web and like it. Very comfortable and fairly easy to use. I'm now thinking that an Aero Hunter Kestrel may suit me better so I am thinking about selling the web and purchasing one. I've been reading a ton of opinions and reviews but just figured I'd check to see if anyone has made that specific move? I have the rope bridge set up with the web, but the more I look at the Kestrel, the more it interests me.
I have an aero, a kestrel and a guido.
I think the new kestrel is better than the aero... lighter and the guido is still something I will use if I am not going far, if it is cold, or if I am going to sit all day.

There are people that have been waiting close to a month. I think it's worth the wait but once they get over this big rush I would think it would ship the week it was ordered.

I actually just got a return email from them saying the current wait time is 3-4 weeks.

I have an aero, a kestrel and a guido.
I think the new kestrel is better than the aero... lighter and the guido is still something I will use if I am not going far, if it is cold, or if I am going to sit all day.
You find the Web is better than the Kestrel for long sits? What about ease of set up?

You find the Web is better than the Kestrel for long sits? What about ease of set up?
The kestrel is definitely easier to set up. Nothing is going to compare to the web for an all day sit unless you bring a recliner or sofa up in the tree. For me the web has too much going on though so I prefer my other saddles.

The kestrel is definitely easier to set up. Nothing is going to compare to the web for an all day sit unless you bring a recliner or sofa up in the tree. For me the web has too much going on though so I prefer my other saddles.
I will second that. Except we have a little more cold here and I will put up with the stuff going on. Plus I am older than Red and I like that lazy boy chair in the sky.

That's kind of how I am feeling with it, the Web seems very "busy", and why I am considering the Kestrel. Ontariofarmer, I live in Western NY not far from Buffalo so I get that could weather and heavy snow come Nov. so I am taking that into consideration. Thanks all for the replies thus far.

I have the web and my Kestrel should be delivered tomorrow. I would not sell the web because after December you will no longer be able to buy one from Guido's outdoors . Butch is retiring so if I were you I hang on to the web until you are really sure you want to part with it. I will use both the web and the Kestrel.

I have the web and my Kestrel should be delivered tomorrow. I would not sell the web because after December you will no longer be able to buy one from Guido's outdoors . Butch is retiring so if I were you I hang on to the web until you are really sure you want to part with it. I will use both the web and the Kestrel.
It's an option that i considered, but im looking for that 1 do it all item.

While I did a few all day hunts with my old TL tree saddle, they were long days. The possibility of the web's all day comfort is very appealing to me so I picked one up. Now I'm looking forward to the arrival of my Kestrel. From the reviews I've read so far, it sounds very promising. At this point, I like the versatility of having both the Kestrel and the web in my arsenal. The fixed stands and the climber are going to gather some cobwebs this season.

While I did a few all day hunts with my old TL tree saddle, they were long days. The possibility of the web's all day comfort is very appealing to me so I picked one up. Now I'm looking forward to the arrival of my Kestrel. From the reviews I've read so far, it sounds very promising. At this point, I like the versatility of having both the Kestrel and the web in my arsenal. The fixed stands and the climber are going to gather some cobwebs this season.

Just sell the climber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd sell the LW climber if I wasn't planning to use the seat in conjunction with the saddles.

I'd rig an eye hook on a ceiling joist, and some sort of platform for my feet in my living room and use the GW for a casual lounger before I'd sell it!!!
Not a bad idea, it IS that comfortable.

Yeah Id hang onto the web if you can afford to. The saddles are something you've got to learn to adjust and/or your body learns to be comfortable in it. I couldn't sit in a saddle all day the first year I used one. Back pain, hip pinch you name it. If I would've had a web I probably would've sold my saddle.
Way things worked out though, I had my saddle for a few years before I bought a web and I'm a creature of habit. I couldn't stand all the straps and packing it and sold the web after one or two hunts. I do regret being so hasty, but I hunt public land and the pack factor made my saddles the winner

Back