• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muck boots

Tree-Demon

Picked up a pair of muck boots last night and put a few miles on them today in some marshy swampy deer woods and I was impressed the fit on my foot and calves are noticably better then the pair of similar field and stream brand I was using the last few years. Feet stayed dry and cool veey happy after day one

Be careful not to tear them that's the only thing I don't like about mucks. The tear fairly easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't found a good pair I like yet. Mucks are comfortable but I got a few tares and now the sole is starting to separate. My last pair is the woody max. I've just come to the conclusion with any rubber hunting boot that if I get more than a year out of them, it's a bonus. Just put a new pair a year in the budget. I've had several lacrosse, under armor haw, and mucks that I can remember.
On second thought, now that I'm living in north Alabama and got off the Ms and La coast jungles, I may get 2 years in these open pretty woods. Heck I can wear tennis shoes. I actually go check cameras in crocks sometimes! Lol

I have a pair of mucks which i have had for 3 years now and have been lucky not to tear them. I bought a pair of lacrosse aeroheads last year and was more impressed with them. They were more comfortable in my opinion, were durable and cheaper then mucks. Muck makes a decent boot but the cost for them has definitely gone up with no advancements in their boots. While other companies have grown and give a little more in their boots especially on the quality side and kept costs fair at least in my opinion.

Love my muck boots. I've tried just about every boot out there and the mucks fit and feel the best. I put on 30+ miles a month in mine and they hold up to the abuse. I also run a couple pairs of custom muck frog legs with Dan's five star.

That being said another boot may fit you better. Best thing to do is walk around in them in the store for as long as possible. If they don't feel perfect good chance they are going to give you fatigue or discomfort in the long haul.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Try the wetlands. Very good quality.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I haven't found a good pair I like yet. Mucks are comfortable but I got a few tares and now the sole is starting to separate. My last pair is the woody max. I've just come to the conclusion with any rubber hunting boot that if I get more than a year out of them, it's a bonus. Just put a new pair a year in the budget. I've had several lacrosse, under armor haw, and mucks that I can remember.
On second thought, now that I'm living in north Alabama and got off the Ms and La coast jungles, I may get 2 years in these open pretty woods. Heck I can wear tennis shoes. I actually go check cameras in crocks sometimes! Lol

I always drag deer out with my crocs. Boy do I get a lot of Heck from my buddies for that.

I've had 10 reconstructive surgeries on each foot over the years; they've been pretty torn up. Compared them with Mario Andretti's race ruined feet once and he said I was the only one whose feet looked worse than his! lol I think he was being nice. Anyway, Muck boots are by far the best I've ever had; I can walk for days in them and Muck has been good about replacing torn ones the two times my new boots got hit. I have 5 pairs I've been rotating the past 7 years and have only thrown out one pair of extremely used chore cools. The others are holding up well.

Thanks. Does it matter what style mucks?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have woody elite mucks I use a lite wool sock in them early season and use a wool sock and toe warmer later. I have thought of arctic pro for late season but chemical toe warmers work fine

Love my Muck boots! I'm currently using the Woody elites, and use them all season no matter the temps out. Been using them for about 6 seasons now and the only problem is the over molded rubber on them is cracking, but the neoprene under that is still keeping them water proof. I still have a pair that I bought about 15 years ago, and still use them in the yard and snow removal. They hold up very well for me. I also own a pair of Lacrosse Aeroheads. Very nice boot also but don't fit as good as the mucks to me.

I got the woody max and maybe the woody elite (has some insulation) at a tent sale. The woody max aren't comfortable for me the other ones are very comfortable for rubber boots. I don't like the neoprene on them though, I like just rubber I can't get clean more easily. Only had them for a year but so far no leaks, tears, etc. I only use them for my archery hunts though, not scouting where I'd really wear them out.

Back