• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My 2010 bear mount

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Not the best photo but I shot this bear in NJ in 2010 with my muzzeloader out of a saddle.

Pic was right after we moved into our new home :lol:

13134852905_eca60294b8.jpg

Nice mount! I just love to hunt bear - they are such a cool animal. Last one I got was in 2008 he was only 185 lbs but sure was good eating! I hunt in the U.P. here in Mi but I have some dandy bruins on my property(just hard to draw a tag for here).

Thanks! Mine was 172 pounds and great eating too! We have sooooo many bears here in NJ. It took so much to get the bear hunt reinstated after it was closed for like 30+ years. Now that the 5 year management plan is coming to an end I am really hoping they reevaluate it and extend the season. Currently it is only concurrent with our 6 day firearm season in the first week of december. I would love to see them allow us to take them with a bow but I'm sure that will never happen. In 2010, the year I shot my bear, I saw 29 bears during bow season in october and november!

Back