• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My PigMageddon

ImThere

My PigMageddon

6809c8b9c15b975849b5f12337be4086.jpg

I arrived Thursday around noon. I text G2 and he came over to the gate so we could get our guns registered. Little did G2 know they changed the regulations and 72 hours was required on the back ground check. I think all our hearts sank a little we had 2 choices, go home or hunt public land, So G2 done a whole lot of sweet talking ( he’s the guy you want on your side a late Saturday night when you get caught up to no good) lol. Anyways we did the paper work, went and got our passes and went and set up camp. We ate buffet the first night in town.

3c8a6d23a30b14e9fe6e3c1b80e5877e.jpg

The next morning, Friday, I got up and met G2 at the gate again and proceeded to get my guns registration paper work. I checked in to area C12 and headed out. I drove around the world and found out that my navigation screwed me. I found area c 12 by 9 am. By 9:01 i seen 2 pigs snuck up to them and missed a pig at about 65 or so yards with my borrowed 22 mag. I tried to get back on them and found 3 more pigs on the other side of the swamp they busted out of there before I made it 100 yds. I saw 2 more on the way out I couldn’t get a shot on. I went back to camp. Autumnrider and his hunting partner Mitch borrowed my guns and we all headed to area E1, no pigs were seen, I headed back to area C12. I think they hunted there awhile longer, no pigs seen. We had a great campfire and a good dinner G2 had ribs and all the fixings to go with them, we ate good and B.S for a good while

Saturday I headed to F13 along the river, spent the day walking through a continuous pig wallow, G2 came out that evening and we walked awhile, no pigs seen the entire day. I headed back to camp, G2 headed to get dinner. We ate good, we had pulled pork and all the fixings to go with them. I feel asleep at the camp fire exhausted and full from dinner
218687b3128b595dc4ac68b3439b2b99.jpg
3cd176688e0d4edb8635bc43c2a1ccf4.jpg

Sunday I headed to area d13 I tried and tried to check in and the system wouldn’t let me. I checked in to d 12 I was standing by my truck back on the dirt rode putting my orange on loading my gun and putting my rubber boots on when I heard a commotion behind me. I grabbed my gun and turned around and there was my pig about 20 yards away I blasted him and loaded him up and was back at camp early. G2 helped me clean him and we put him on ice. We spent a good while in campo checking out everybody’s rig and sitting in the Guido web. Guys started packing up and heading home. We had a great time. G2 and myself hunted that evening and didn’t see any more pigs. We ate at a local Mexican restaurant and B.S. about everything under the sun, I went back to camp and G2 headed back home.
b5547eb197c7a4962f3bb07cbb37ba92.jpg

7c5c678e3bc1fb3ea28bea71db389e11.jpg

I had a blast and would do it again tomorrow. It was pretty neat seeing other people’s rigs and getting suggestions on things, good ideas flowing all around.

Greg, Thank you for putting this all together and spending the time to make it all run smoothly. Next year maybe they will deliver the food so you get to hunt the evenings. BChunter, Autumnrider, Erics, (and all your friends and brothers that came along) it truly was a pleasure getting to know all of you. I feel like I made some quality friends at this Pigmageddon, looking forward to the next one.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

I left out so much. Lol. We also had to pull out G2outdoors's brothers truck out of the mud.
1st day lol

Sent from my
At 20' up

ImThere, g2, eric, and the Michigan Boys (Bchunter), I want yall to know that we had a blast in Georgia.
G2 did a fine job at getting everything together and getting it rolling-- I applaud you.
Imthere, all I can say is "THANKS"--- everyone that was there knows what about.
Eric, it was super meeting you and your son---- you and him have a great bond and everyone could see that.
BCHUNTER and the Michigan Boys, yall are pretty darn cool to be northern boys....lol....it was a pleasure.
Hope we and others can join there again next year........

friends -- I do consider you all.

We had a great time. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to get back for a rematch before next year.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you all had a great time. Still bummed I couldn't make it.

@g2outdoors is a great guy and I'm not surprised at the lengths he went to to make sure everyone had a good time. Good work @g2outdoors!!

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you all had a great time. Still bummed I couldn't make it.

@g2outdoors is a great guy and I'm not surprised at the lengths he went to to make sure everyone had a good time. Good work @g2outdoors!!

We all wanted to met the legend that made Saddlehunter a reality!! Sorry you missed it
Yep G2 is a class act!

Sent from my
At 20' up

Back