• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!

n.sampey

Guys just have to say I have been hunting out of the tree saddle now for a week, and I will never go back to a regular lock-on or climber. In my opinion it cant be beat. Im still learning few tricks here and there but the overall weight and stealthyness it gives is enough to turn me. Not to mention I have no problem sitting in it for hours on end. Anyone thinking about trying one I highly urge them to, and don't make a judgement call the first or second time you use it. Just give it a chance and it will prolly change your outlook on stands.

Thanks for posting buddy! I have been intrigued by this style of hunting system for a couple years, and have never been able to make myself pull the trigger and get one. I had soooooo many questions about how to's and today I found this site answering ALL my questions! I will be a saddle hunter for next season for sure! Thank you again to all you guys that have shared your experiences on here!

Re: RE: Re: NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!

g2outdoors said:
Once you go saddle you never go back.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
3c1b3d7b8d0188a6cc585ef51c41879a.jpg

You got that right. I'm in a tree practicing different tyPes of bridges and platform and even saddle right now

Shaun
0c5dae2fbc2b684770d180f7289f1bcb.jpg

I wish I could. It's 30 below zero outside today. No bueno.

g2outdoors said:
I wish I could. It's 30 below zero outside today. No bueno.

Yep same here and this wind would have me whippin around the tree likea dog on a chain!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did however take the opportunity to build my fixed bridge out of 1/4 amsteel today. Will post pics in a bit.

g2outdoors said:
I did however take the opportunity to build my fixed bridge out of 1/4 amsteel today. Will post pics in a bit.

I'm definitely interested in that. I was trying out dyneema slings for bridge earlier while using a climbing belt for a saddle (in the earlier pics).I bought that belt because of the giant rings for attaching bridge/lineman belt/whatever. I'm thinking about making a modification to the Ken sling to add a couple really large loops on each side.
The reason for the potential mod is that it's potentially difficult to remove lineman belt and hang from only the bridge in the dark. So I'm thinking a bigger loop that sits closer to hip on each side might make that better.
Also I've noticed that when the bridge Is attached to a long loop that pulls toward the center when under weight, it's more difficult to pivot than when the bridge attachment is as close to the outside of my hips as possible. So the mod might make it easier for me to pivot (like when you have to shoot behind you or when you have to lean Way out as far as you can).
We'll see. I ordered some more tubular webbing for that mod, but I don't have a sewing machine yet and it's not very fun to try to sew multiple loops all the way around the edge of saddle by hand

Shaun

No me gusta cuando hace' muy frio'. Muy mal !!!!!

Si. Verdad. No me gusta. Mucho frio.perro no tengo mucho. Por que yo quiero bosques verdes

Lol

My Spanish sounds like it came from a redneck with mental problems. Wonder why?
Shaun

essdub said:
Si. Verdad. No me gusta. Mucho frio.perro no tengo mucho. Por que yo quiero bosques verdes

Lol

Shaun
Porque tus ' cuello es muy rojo y tu tienes muchas problemas mentales :me green:

huck72412 said:
essdub said:

Lol

Shaun
Porque tus ' cuello es muy rojo y tu tienes muchas problemas mentales :me green:
Si. Es verdad y yo tengo mucho infirma en cabesa. Gracias, cariculo.

Shaun
And in case my Spanish sucks add much as I think: thanks butt face. Lol
And in case you were wondering, no I don't really speak Spanish . But I'm an electrician. So I had to pick up just enough to communicate with some of the other crews

:lol: :lol: :lol: hilarious stuff !!! I don't know much either but I like to sling around the few words that I do know. De nada butt face!!!

Back