• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New DIY project

I can see someone on here saying "it looks like a good platform to stand on with my saddle!"

On public land near me...there is a ladder like this chained to a tree with a board on top, screwed to a tree. Whole thing is painted camouflage so you know it's legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got those all over the marsh in Louisiana. The only trees are willows and you just need to get 10ft off the ground and shoot into the cat tails. You should see some of the inventions out there. Hard to pack stands when there is no solid bottom. Just a floating bog of decaying vegetation. Sometimes it helps to walk on the mosquitoes.

I have actually seen something very similar to this but it was a plastic seat kinda like in a stadium. First time i stumbled upon I was like "what in the hell". It left me speechless and wondering if I should write a note saying "I'll give you a stand"!!

Hey, who's been on my lease taking pics!!!! Get out of that area before you spook the game.

Joke is on you anyway, you are standing where I usually take a dump. Wind blows the other direction.

They got those all over the marsh in Louisiana. The only trees are willows and you just need to get 10ft off the ground and shoot into the cat tails. You should see some of the inventions out there. Hard to pack stands when there is no solid bottom. Just a floating bog of decaying vegetation. Sometimes it helps to walk on the mosquitoes.

Coonass ingenuity is on different level than most. One of my all time favorites is the mobile box stand mounted on the mudboat. Never leave the boat and all weather protection. Second favorite is the single 8" PVC pipe with boat seat at the top.... I could go on but for brevity sake I'll digress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back