• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New ( for me) Trophy line leather changes

Mark Kronyak

I just picked up a leather Trophy line...

It hasn't been modified at all. I'm just curious what changes guys have made on them.

The first thing that stands out to me is the strap that goes around the tree...seems like a rope can be switched out for it.

Another thing I'm wondering is the webbing in the lap area used as a bridge.. if so has anyone switched it out for a rope bridge?

Please let me know any other changes you made... thanks...Mark

You can definitely use a rope strap for your tree strap. I wouldn't suggest cutting off the webbing bridge though, you would have to do some sewing to be able to add a rope bridge.

You can also cut away the shoulder straps. They're pretty useless. They are not strong enough to hold it up while walking or climbing. Buy a set of tool belt suspenders. They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can cut leg straps off. I use shoulder straps on mine. Change to rope tether with large carabiner for bridge attachment.

I use a rope LB and tether. But I have left the saddle as is. 2 ropeman 1s, and Samson predator should do the trick.

Two petzel ring opens through the waist webbing loops , spliced eye on one end and a ropeman on the other ring open works for my adjustable bridge. I left the rope long so it doubles as a linesman when climbing past a limb.

Two petzel ring opens through the waist webbing loops , spliced eye on one end and a ropeman on the other ring open works for my adjustable bridge. I left the rope long so it doubles as a linesman when climbing past a limb.

Do you happen to have a pic of this? Curious to add a rope bridge to my Ambush I have on the way. Also, is there any way to add a waist belt to keep the saddle in place vs the shoulder straps?

Do you happen to have a pic of this? Curious to add a rope bridge to my Ambush I have on the way. Also, is there any way to add a waist belt to keep the saddle in place vs the shoulder straps?

The bridge doubles as a waist belt, Just tighten in up while walking.

I never cut the shoulder straps on mine they seamed to work fine. I just didn't like the TL saddle I guess that's why I sold it and kept my Treesuit and Guido's Web and the Kestrel . Can't wait to hear some reviews on the Mantis.

I find the suspenders very helpful and functional. I always use them and would not buy one with them removed. But that’s just me.

Haha are you sure @huck72412

What happens if you have no butt. Then suspenders are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LOL !!! I totally agree that suspenders are a necessity but not those pitiful things that come stock on a TL manufactured in 2006 or later. I hack mine off and make my own using climbing rope.

I have a TL (2007 model) and I also cut the elastic suspenders off and replaced them with some tool belt suspenders like @fawnzy. These work great for the hike in! Once I get my tether set and I’m good and tied into the tree I just slip them off my shoulders and let them hang underneath me while hunting. I would just go with suspenders at all, but I lack the necessary padding on my backside to hold them up while walking. I’ve just DIY’d a new tether and lineman’s belt (last week) to replace the stock ones. Going to try them out for the first time tomorrow morning at ground level, then use them to preset a tree once I’m comfortable with them.

I really like my TL saddle, but I’m really thinking about going to a smaller/ lighter setup like the mantis for next year. Already spent too much on gear this year to jump on the mantis train just yet. I don’t doubt he quality or design at all! Looking forward to hearing/seeing all the feedback once people start using them!

I’m also switching to dump pouches instead of the TL pouch this year, and adding some zip ties to the molle loops to hang stuff with biners.

Subscribing to this. Just picked up a TL and curious to see what everyone's done to theirs.

Back